Senior Value Engineer
Senior Value Engineer
Sitecore delivers a digital experience platform that empowers the world’s smartest brands to build lifelong relationships with their customers. A highly decorated industry leader, Sitecore is the only company bringing together content, commerce, and data into one connected platform that delivers more than 500,000 digital experiences every day. Leading companies including American Express, ASOS, Carnival Cruise Lines, Kimberly-Clark, L’Oréal and Volvo Cars rely on Sitecore to provide more engaging, personalized experiences for their customers. Learn more at Sitecore.com
Our employees are our foundation. Sitecore is built upon a diverse group of passionate, innovative, and collaborative individuals located across four continents and over 20 countries. The Sitecore values of Foster Collaboration, Push Boundaries, Take Ownership, Cultivate Community, and Customers First are what drive and unite us across the globe. Learn more about the Sitecore values here: https://www.sitecore.com/company/our-values
Sitecore is experiencing spectacular growth all over the world. To build on Sitecore’s success and growth, we’re looking for a Senior Value Engineer.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to work closely with Sitecore prospects, customers, and partners to help develop, accelerate, and close sales opportunities, and also maximize customer value realization from the Sitecore Platforms.
Our expectation is that this individual will have the ability to up-level the conversation around challenges, value, benefits, and potential impact to a level that resonates with the director, VP and C-level within the prospective client. A suitable candidate for this role will have the ability to talk, in business terms, about the transformative journey that the organization needs to take to value, and develop and communicate compelling reasons to change using KPIs such as the cost of delay or doing nothing. The individual will also have the ability to coach and work with sellers to help them craft their sales approach to include Value Engineering offerings at the right time and to the right people to deliver the best chance of a high impact result. They will also be expected to work with our technical pre-sales team to add a business and value perspective to the demonstrative work that they perform. Ultimately, this individual will be happy to work within the standard support frameworks that the Global Value Engineering practice provides, but have the experience and judgement to know when and how to provide additional or alternative support depending on the needs of the seller and client to help generate and close business.
This individual will have the opportunity to develop and use Sitecore value-based best practices and tools, and take the lead in challenging settings such as customer stakeholder workshops for capability maturity assessments, art of the possible consultations, business case development, business transformation workshops and digital optimization initiatives.
You would be joining a senior level and growing team that works face-to-face with a wide range of customer and partners stakeholders, from practitioner to CXO level.
- Act as business value specialist to sellers within the region, to work with qualified opportunities to deliver a consultative value-centric sales approach centered around justifying an investment in Sitecore solutions via a value driven, industry-specific, articulation of benefits.
- Proactively work with seller, technical pre-sales, partner management and customer success stakeholders within the region to drive demand for Value Engineering engagements.
- Evangelizing Value Engineering offerings and Value Selling approaches both internally to sellers, sales engineering and customer success managers; and externally to clients, prospects and partners.
- Work to a standard and consistent approach to delivering Value Engineering offerings and tools as much as possible, which also working with the global Value Engineering team to improve these offerings and tools and introduce additional capabilities that may add value.
- Provide coaching and enablement to Sitecore partners to facilitate a joint value-oriented selling approach with our mutual prospects and customers.
- Lead initiatives such as customer stakeholder workshops; aimed at identifying and articulating industry-specific business value for Sitecore product purchase and adoption.
- Develop solution, use case and capability oriented value propositions and business/ROI cases for prospects and customers, based around the investment in capabilities and disciplines such as experience analytics, data-driven personalization, real-time visitor profiling, testing, experience automation, campaign management, etc.
- Help Sitecore customers understand and realize the value and ROI of their existing Sitecore investments by consultatively developing & presenting a roadmap to value.
- Continuously build your knowledge and participate in upgrading the value propositions of Sitecore solutions as the product-lines gain new versions and new capabilities.
- Lead the creation of value-based case studies with customers and partners.
- Conceive, plan, and conduct thought leadership activities in different formats including speaking opportunities and writing opportunities for Sitecore publications (e.g., newsletter, blog, etc.).
- Support the development of new and upgraded Value Engineering assets, tools and collateral, helping to develop the practice.
- Proven ability to create and defend business cases for investments in software, technology, services, and business change.
- Evidencable strengths in numerical, financial and cross-industry operating model knowledge.
- A proven ability to present to, communicate and persuade at a Director, VP and C-level level, whilst still retaining the ability to communicate, interview and present at a practitioner or departmental manager level as required.
- A recent background in Value Engineering, or a relevant digital marketing / CX / digital optimization-oriented role with extensive business / ROI case development experience.
- Business fluent in English. Any other languages would be a benefit.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Storytelling and design thinking experience would be a benefit.
- Excellent customer experience (CX) / digital optimization / digital marketing knowledge.
- Proven ability to facilitate discussions with a CXO level audience.
- Strong consulting skill set, including excellent discovery, interview, facilitation, analysis, quantitative modelling, listening, and communication skills.
- Be familiar and skilled with graphics & presentation software, Microsoft PowerPoint specifically, to create impactful presentations.
- Be familiar and skilled with spreadsheet software, Microsoft Excel specifically, to create business cases and impact assessments.
- Ability to explain customer experience related business case concepts to both technical and non-technical (finance, marketing & sales) audiences.
- Ability to adjust to the requirements of a fast-changing market.
- Not necessarily technical, but to have the ability to translate technical features and functions into business capabilities, business benefits and real business impacts.
After an offer is made and accepted, E-verify will be utilized to establish your identity and employment eligibility as required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Sitecore is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other local legally protected characteristic.