Sitecore is experiencing spectacular growth all over the world. To build on Sitecore’s success and growth, we are looking for an Engineering Manager to work as part of our Product Development department. As an Engineering Manager, you will lead, manage, and inspire your team developing software and tools for efficient delivery of Sitecore Experience Platform. Through hands-on leadership, you’ll help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements. You will drive engineering best practices implementation, development process, delivery and operation of the team’s products.
Sitecore delivers a digital experience platform that empowers the world’s smartest brands to build lifelong relationships with their customers. A highly decorated industry leader, Sitecore is the only company bringing together content, commerce, and data into one connected platform that delivers more than 500,000 digital experiences every day. Leading companies including American Express, ASOS, Carnival Cruise Lines, Kimberly-Clark, L’Oréal and Volvo Cars rely on Sitecore to provide more engaging, personalized experiences for their customers.
- Work together with business managers to build roadmap, specific requirements and prioritize work according to the business objectives, needs of external and internal users.
- Align available resources with the product roadmap, facilitate workload planning, communicate risks and dependencies within program stakeholders and business, resolve any obstacles for the team to secure efficient performance and delivery.
- Act as primary personnel manager for the team, providing performance management and goal setting for all members of the team, making balanced role assignments or changes as well as career development and promotions.
- Assist team members in solving work-related difficulties, provide direct contribution and guidance on approaching process and technical challenges; constantly review and improve technical validity of the implemented solutions.
- Ensure continuously performing and motivated team, delivering highly efficient and predictable outcomes to the business
- 5+ years of hands-on engineering experience as a developer or QA on a software engineering team
- 2+ years of experience managing or mentoring a team with direct reports
- Fluency in one or more programming languages like C#, JS, PowerShell or similar
- Strong knowledge of engineering processes and practices, design patterns, cloud-based microservices architecture
- Practical experience with career planning and development, goals management, coaching, team dynamics management, hiring and retaining the talent
- Practical experience with Agile frameworks like Scrum, SAFe, Kanban, XP
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Sitecore is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected basis.