Culture and Diversity at SiriusXM
Life at SiriusXM
SiriusXM values are the essence of our principles and beliefs. We are proud to share our company values—the heart of our culture and how we guide our actions and decisions every day.
Our purpose is...to create audio experiences that amplify and inspire your every moment.
- Applaud And Encourage New Thinking
- Move Forward And Be Purposeful In Our Desire To Win
- Promote Open, Respectful Communication And Honest Feedback
- Lean On Each Other And Learn From One Another
- Invest In Our Actions And Commit To The Follow Through
- Find Ways To Give Back By Focusing On Community And Feeding Your Individuality
- You Matter. We Embrace Our Differences. Empower Each Other And Include Everyone.
Health & Wellness
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flex Spending Account
- Veterinary Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 401K with employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Identity Theft Protection Benefit
- Free SiriusXM, Pandora and Stitcher listening accounts
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Project KIND: Paid Days Off for employees to volunteer with a registered 501c3
- Charitable Matching Program
- Since the launch of our Charitable Matching program, SiriusXM has donated over $1,000,000 to various organizations in support of our employee giving efforts as part of our Matching Program.
Diversity and Inclusion
To cultivate an inclusive environment where all our human differences are valued, respected, supported, and amplified.
- All employees own diversity and inclusion
- Inclusive leadership is reflected in our culture and evident every day
- Leader commitment and accountability results in a diverse workforce at all levels
- D&I strategy is reflected in our workforce, workplace, and marketplace & business strategies
Strategic Pillars & Priorities
- Hiring: Increase representation of underrepresented talent, including People of Color, Womxn, Veterans, People with Disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people.
- Retention: Implement programs and partnerships to retain diverse talent at all levels.
- Leadership Development: Invest in resources and develop programs to enhance representation of underrepresented leaders at senior and executive leadership levels.
- Inclusion: Create programs and initiatives that foster respect and support for every employee’s unique background and experiences.
- Leader Enablement: Enable leaders to demonstrate their commitment to build diverse teams and promote inclusion.
- Equity: Ensure that policies, processes, and practices are administered fairly and equitably.
Marketplace & Business Strategies
- Employer Brand: Promote the company brand as a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- External Engagements: Connect with external organizations in support of D&I initiatives and engage with business partners to embed D&I into their strategic priorities.
Meet our Head of Diversity and Inclusion
Nicole Hughey, Vice President, Head of Diversity & Inclusion
Nicole Hughey is responsible for creating and implementing a cohesive diversity and inclusion strategy and that champions the company’s core D&I mission: To cultivate an inclusive environment where all our human differences are valued, respected, supported, and amplified.
Before joining SiriusXM, Nicole spent 25+ combined years in the insurance and healthcare industries including D&I leadership roles at Mass General Brigham and Travelers Companies. In her career as a D&I leader, Nicole launched enterprise-wide diversity training programs, designed and implemented employee engagement initiatives, designed diversity recruitment strategies, and designed and delivered development programs to enhance inclusive leadership capabilities.
Nicole has been a presenter at several conferences and webinars, including Fairygodboss’ 2021 Top Diversity Priorities, ANA Multicultural Marketing and Diversity Conference, Diversity Inc Innovation Fest and the Multicultural Forum on Workplace Diversity. She is most proud of her acknowledgment as a 2019 Top 15 Champion of Diversity by Diversity Global magazine: an honor given to 15 individuals around the country who work tirelessly in diversity, equity, and inclusion to challenge the status quo and find solutions to creating inclusive corporate cultures.
Nicole holds a B.S. in Business (Healthcare Administration) from the University of Connecticut, an MBA in Organizational Behavior from the University of Hartford and an Executive Strategic Change Management Certificate from Northwestern Kellogg School of Management.
Hear From Nicole
SiriusXM Communities (Employee Resource Groups) provide support, visibility and empowerment to all employees, especially Womxn, People of Color, Veterans and LGBTQIA+ people at the company – as well as Corporate Social Responsibility causes such as Sustainability.
Mixtape Community of Color
Mixtape is a community that accepts and champions the diverse backgrounds of our employees. Like an actual mixtape, we’re an eclectic group from all walks of life with the goal of building awareness of our diversity and inclusion efforts throughout the company.
LGBTQIA+ Pride Community
LGBTQIA+ Pride empowers lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, queer, and questioning employees and their fierce allies to serve as a support system and social network for LGBTQIA+ employees.
The mission of Womxn is to influence gender equity in hiring, compensation, and leadership by amplifying womxn and partnering with allies. This community’s vision is to activate a culture of community empowerment and diverse leadership.
Veterans & Military Community
The Veterans and Military Community is focused on improving recruiting outreach to those leaving military service or currently serving in the reserves and to assist in their transition to employment with the company.
The focus of the Sustainability Community is to move our company to a more sustainable future by cutting waste, encouraging recycling, and becoming enthusiastic stewards of our resources.
Meet Our Community Leaders
“This year I celebrate and honor those who came before me and changed the world for us. I celebrate by taking a page out of Sylvia Rivera’s book and join the movement to bring equality and justice for all. That is what Pride is all about.”
“Since being hired in 2016, SiriusXM has helped me succeed by providing many opportunities for personal and professional growth. From being a part of our Diversity and Inclusion Committees, to helping achieve company goals by working cross-functionally within my day-to-day role, SiriusXM has always fostered a culture of collaboration, respect, and inclusivity. I am proud to be a part of this company.”
“Mixtape is such an important part of our culture here. The community has always embodied the “I got you” attitude, and its members are like a family to me. Personally, Mixtape has always offered a safer space to learn, celebrate, and explore. As a WOC, it’s comforting knowing that there is a large community of employees who really hear and see me, and understand the nuances and challenges of being a POC in tech. It’s also so energizing to work with allies who are just as passionate about increasing equity and inclusion at Pandora and beyond.”
Veterans and Military Community Group
“One thing that I learned during military service that has been helpful to my career at SiriusXM was that attention to detail and completing tasks in a consistent, repeatable manner ensures success.”
Sustainability Community Group
“The Sustainability Community is an employee collective that is devoted to moving our company towards a more sustainable future by improving company practices, building community through awareness and grassroots action, and being trailblazers in corporate sustainability.”