Who We Are:
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.
SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM’s platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM's subsidiaries Stitcher, Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company’s advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers.
How you’ll make an impact:
Works with Producers and members of the Programming team to create superior sports radio programs primarily for Mad Dog Sports Radio. Candidate will work as an associate producer/board operator for sports talk shows. Candidate will also edit tape from shows and create content for social media. Candidate will produce imaging for the program on which he/she is a part and create promos to promote said show(s). Supports creative processes, content development and production. Exercises both creative abilities and technical skills. Edits materials and operates an audio board. May be assigned to more than one program and perform slightly different functions across programs.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the development of content for shows.
- Collaborate in the production of programs, promos and specials.
- Research topics and themes to write scripts, line copy, and develop show content for hosts.
- Develop novel and creative ways to present content.
- Attend creative meetings and contribute to the selection of program content.
- Make recommendations to producers and management on program improvements.
- Obtain audio materials needed for production.
- Assist with scheduling program elements prior to air, ensuring that rotation and policies are followed.
- May independently produce segments of large programs.
- Review program log before every show and is capable of editing program log.
- Is responsible for the quality of any replays of the show(s) of which he/she is a part.
- Is responsible for producing and editing audio clips to be posted to social media platforms.
- Run the audio board for various live and taped programs and edit audio for on-air use.
- Determine the appropriate mix of sound elements for assigned shows, and ensure that levels are mixed properly.
- Dub sound from a variety of sources
- Enter clip information, music and non-music elements into audio software.
- Load and delete clips, and rips and edits promos and spots.
- Ensure that on-air product is up to broadcast standards before it leaves the studios.
- Ensure that sound equipment is functioning properly during shows.
- Work with talent and producers on following programming clocks so that all content and advertisements are featured as planned.
- Review work products with supervisor.
- Monitor assigned channels for quality control and reports content error and technical issues to the appropriate individuals for correction.
- Edit audio (e.g., insert additional clips, sound bites, etc.).
- Maintain database of program content for archival use.
- May be required to fill in for Producers.
- Coordinates special projects.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience at a radio station or audio production facility
- Could be asked to work on weekends on a regular basis.
- Excellent creative writing and communication skills for radio.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Strong interest in sports, as related to assigned channels / programs.
- Comfortable working with talent, artists and high profile individuals.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Zeta, Galaxy, Adobe Audition, Multi-tracking editing, Major Social Media Platforms and Audiogram
- Mixing sound elements into a professional sounding product.
- Operating a sound board.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.