Regional Sales Director- Midwest
As the Regional Sales Director of Major Accounts, you will be responsible for exceeding sales goals in the Central area of the US. You will recruit and lead a regional sales team of individual contributors and be responsible for identifying, developing, and retaining sales professionals that hit or exceed their quotas. You will be familiar with selling enterprise networking solutions and/or enterprise software to Fortune 500 companies in this region. You will be a self-starter capable of getting up to speed quickly, building teams, closing new business, and managing high-level relationships.
In this role, you will work closely with Marketing and Channel Sales teams to develop and implement strategic plans to achieve or exceed sales targets in the Central area.
You will be based in a home office within a major Central metro area of the US, and you will report to the VP of Sales.
What you will do:
- Recruit, coach, mentor, manage, and lead a world class team of sales professionals to achieve sales targets. This includes closing new business and expanding upon existing customer base
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Sales Engineering team in the Central area
- Establish and maintain key regional customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base
- Partner with channel leadership team to develop and execute programs with channels to drive incremental revenue
- Maintain up to date knowledge of competitive sales strategies
- Sell into multiple levels of an organization as well as close six and seven-figure deals
- Ensure that the state of the Central area’s sales activity is accurately reflected in SFDC
- Lead the Central team to put net new opportunities into the sales pipeline, move opportunities thru the sales process, accurately forecast, and close new business
What you are great at:
- Strong knowledge of new and current technologies and trends specifically in the networking arena
- Outstanding consultative selling skills and ability to clearly and effectively articulate the company’s value proposition
- Strong industry contacts in the prospective customer and influencer communities as well as the channel partner community
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with ability to conduct sales presentations and interact effectively with internal and external customers at executive levels
- Experience working with high profile customers in the Central area
- Willing to travel throughout the region and to Corporate as needed
Your Experience & Education:
- 10+ years of experience selling networking solutions and/or enterprise software to Fortune 500 customers
- 5+ years of experience leading sales team in the Central area of US
- BA/BS degree required or equivalent experience