As a member of the Silver Peak global technical support team, you will be responsible for helping customers diagnose and resolve complex technical issues. You will work closely with the Silver Peak engineering team troubleshooting complex networking issues.
- Working with the customer to troubleshoot complex hardware and software issues and replicate customer environments and network problems as needed to provide resolution. Document issues and work with engineering if needed to provide fixes.
- Providing technical expertise and guidance during testing and deployment of Silver Peak systems;
- Managing critical customer issues and facilitate communication between customers, sales and engineering;
- Serving as the customer advocate for timely resolution of issues and for problem reproduction and escalation
- Participating in new product development, customer training, and other support related activities
- Helping define and develop support processes and tools as appropriate
- Collaborating with other support engineers to help resolve cases
- Contributing content to the technical knowledgebase
- Master or Science degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering and minimum work experience of 5 years.
- At least 3 years of experience supporting enterprise customers with complex data center environments, preferably with a network technology company
- Experience reading and understanding packet captures with tools like Sniffer and/or Wireshark
- Basic understanding of WAN technologies, bandwidth and latency
- Experience with general routing/switching, policy based routing, spanning-tree, VLANs
- Knowledge of networking, understanding of packet flow and TCP session establishment
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN Technologies and SAN/NAS; experience with SaaS, IaaS (AWS, vCHS, Azure), virtualization and hypervisors including VMware vSphere (VCP Certified), MS HyperV, or Citrix Xen.
- Prior experience in a technical support center a plus