Senior Technical Trainer
Who we are looking for:
The Senior Technical Trainer will be involved in many areas of the Training Department at Silver Peak.
What you will do (aka the Responsibilities):
- Teaching classes to local and remote audiences consisting of Silver Peak customers, partners, and employees.
- Deliver training content directed primarily at Technical and Technical Sales audiences in a blended format (some students attend in-person, some attend remotely via WebEx, and hands-on labs are all remotely hosted).
- Occasional travel to deliver in person training.
- Assist in the administration the Learning Management System to manage classes and content
- Assist in the development of new training content for Silver Peak technologies and products, including both instructor-led and self-paced online formats
- Most classes are taught 9 AM to 5 PM in local time zones. Occasional class sessions may be taught off-shift (early morning or late night) for delivery to students in remote time zones. Off-shift sessions can usually be taught remotely via WebEx from a suitable home office.
What you are great at (aka the Required Skills):
You should have excellent communication and presentation skills and as well as good project management, and hands-on technical skills. You should be adept at absorbing and deploying new tools and technologies as they come along.
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent communication and teaching skills
- Comfortable presenting before an audience
- In depth knowledge of routers, switches and networking.
- Good network troubleshooting skills
- CCIE, CCNP or CCNA certification or similar industry certification(s).
- Knowledge of SD-WAN and WAN optimization is very helpful
- Experience with presentation tools like PowerPoint.
- Multimedia development experience using tools like Camtasia, Articulate, Captivate or similar tools
Your Education, Experience & Certification
You should have a BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or have equivalent industry experience in Technical and Sales Training, preferably in the networking industry.