Regional Sales Director - DACH
We are looking for a top-flight Regional Sales Director/Country Manager with extensive IT infrastructure sales experience and burning desire to win.
You will be responsible for building and managing the sales pipeline in Germany and deliver results. In this role, you will lead and manage a regional sales team of individual contributors (including SE’s). And, over time, you will be responsible for further expanding the team.
You should be familiar with selling enterprise networking equipment and/or enterprise software solutions to the equivalent of Fortune 500 companies in Germany and is ideally a self-starter capable of getting up to speed quickly, coaching teams, closing new business, and managing high-level relationships.
In this role, you will report to the EMEA VP of Sales and work closely with the Marketing team and the Channel Sales team to develop and implement strategic plans to meet or exceed sales targets in Germany. You will be located in a metro area in Germany such as Munich.
What you will do:
- Coach, mentor, manage, and lead a world class team of sales professionals to achieve sales targets. This includes closing net/new business and expanding upon existing customer base
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Sales Engineering and Channel Sales teams in Germany
- Establish and maintain key regional customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base
- Team with channel leadership team to develop and execute programs with channels to drive incremental revenue
- Maintain up to date knowledge of competitive sales strategies
- Sell into multiple levels of a client organization as well as close six and seven-figure deals
- Lead the Germany team to generate and register net/new opportunities into the sales pipeline, move opportunities thru the sales process (MEDDIC) and accurately forecast the Germany business progression
- Ensure that the state of the Germany’s sales activity is accurately and sufficiently reflected in SFDC
What you are great at:
- Strong knowledge of new and current technologies and trends specifically in the WAN connectivity/SD-WAN category
- Outstanding consultative selling skills and ability to clearly and effectively articulate the company’s value proposition
- Strong industry contacts in the prospective customer and influencer communities as well as channel partner community
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with ability to conduct sales presentations and interact effectively with internal and external customers at executive levels
- Experience working with high profile customers in Germany
- Willing to travel throughout Germany (Switzerland and Austria occasionally), and to Santa Clara, CA as needed
Your Experience & Education:
10+ years of experience selling networking equipment and/or software to Fortune 500 enterprise customers
5+ years of experience leading sales team at Director or VP Level of Sales
BA/BS degree is an advantage