The QA automation Engineer will use in depth knowledge of networking and test automation to design tests and test automation, support and extend the existing test automation framework for a SD-WAN networking product.
- Development activities will include framework and scripts that execute the required tests and write results to a database, as well as web pages for monitoring test execution and viewing results.
- Development is primarily in Python.
- Consult with product managers, developers, and QA engineers to define test requirements
- Design and develop test frameworks and scripts in Python
- Setup and maintain automation testbeds
- Debug test failures
- Submit bug reports to developers
- Work with developers and QA engineers to reproduce issues Your Experience
- Solid understanding of object oriented design principles • 3+ years full time Python development
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP and socket level programming
- Experience using Linux, ESXi and VCenter
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
Min Experience and Education:
- MS in Electrical engineering or related and 5-10 years experience as Systems Engineer
- Experience in networking protocol stacks and related technologies (TCP/IP, UDP, Ethernet) in addition to networking routing protocols OSPF and BGP
- Switching technology including VLAN/Trunking, STP, NAT, PAT, Ethernet, IPv4, Ipv6 , HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, FTP
- Experience with hypervisors including VMware vSphere (VCP Certified), MS HyperV, or Citrix Xen.