We are looking for a Designated Engineer who will play a key role meeting Strategic customers business requirement and help design, implement and maintain Silver Peak SD-WAN solutions. You will collaborate with Product Management, IT and Operations teams with these customers and Product and Engineering teams at Silver Peak. You will be part of the extended customers team and play a critical role during product development and maintenance phases.
You, alongside the customer, will take any final specifications into a lab environment to perform proof-of-concept followed by detailed documentation. In this role, you are responsible for delivering and maintaining all aspects of Silver Peak SD-WAN solution within the customer, support ongoing product development, certify new features and releases, assist with customer demos, conduct proof of concepts, assist with critical customer activations etc.
You will be based in the Toronto area, but will have the ability to travel to other key customer sites as needed. (international travel will be needed)
If you are a self-starter who thrives in an agile, fast moving environment with an opportunity to make a huge impact at Silver Peak, this is the role for you.
What you will do:
- Manage and own all technical aspects of the engineering, design and deployment engagement process.
- Interact with Silver Peak’s product management and engineering teams on product questions and new feature requests
- Architect, install and configure Silver Peak’s virtual and hardware appliances into environments for proof-of-concept.
- Maintain a strong market awareness and knowledge of competitive technologies to best position Silver Peak.
- Pay special attention to expected deliverables for individual assigned projects: technical analysis, architecture, design, and general support
- Deliver presentations and demonstrations to customers and partners.
- Collaborate across multiple global time zones on a daily basis.
What you are great at:
- Deep understanding of Layer 2 & 3 Networking as well as application behavior in todays layer 7 networks.
- Routing protocols (BGP, OSPF) and TCP/UDP, HTTP(S), DNS, DHCP.
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude, who thrives in an agile, fast moving environment with minimum supervision.
- Troubleshooting complex network, application issues.
- Install and configure virtual machines on major hypervisors (VMware, KVM)
- Programming knowledge (Python) and Web Programing (REST API)
- Hands on experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Produce detailed documents such as test plans, high level designs and feature documentation.
- Knowledge of large project deployments and managing individual facets (Silver-Peak) within a larger project.
- Team player who assists and shares knowledge with peers and other teams
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in EE or CS
- 10 years of work experience in network, application or security
- 3+ years of customer facing operations or direct sales
- Hands on experience with scripting and automation tools
- A VCP, CCNP, CCIE, JNCP, or JNCIE is a bonus