Director, Inside Sales
We are looking for an experienced Inside Sales Leader to help us build and manage our North America (NAM) Inside Sales team. This team will support our North America (NAM) go to market plan by focusing on our small to mid-market customer segment. We need someone that has owned and delivered strong results for an inside sales team, has the experience and ability to recruit inside selling “A” players, and has actively enabled, coached and mentored inside sales teams to success.
You need to demonstrate your ability to create a collaborative and winning environment with your teams as well as with outside sales teams, marketing, and operations teams. You are a true leader that can take our inside selling efforts to the next level.
This role is based out of our Raleigh, NC office with remote support of inside sales headcount in our Santa Clara, CA office. You will report our WW leader for Inside Sales.
What you will do (aka the Responsibilities):
- Align your team to close business in the market segment(s) identified in our NAM GTM efforts.
- Perform research on prospect or customer accounts in territory
- Enable the Inside Sales Representatives (ISRs) to effectively discover, qualify & close new business and track and close add on business on behalf of the company and the territory they support
- Effectively focus your team on their most strategic pipeline opportunities to close new customer logos, all add-on & upsell business, and support of the Renewals team as needed for the identified account segment
- Determine the best territory assignments for the ISRs to support the greatest return to the business
- Handle upsells in installed base accounts for their assigned customer segment, and help drive renewals into those installed base accounts as needed with the Renewals team
- Create and drive a process to have quarterly health checks to all installed customers via phone/email or meetings as required – drive and assure customer lifetime value for the company to the installed base
- Daily outreach to promote Silver Peak’s products, value and industry information with regional or assigned Focus Channel Partners through target account matching and prospecting with the Partner and the local Silver Peak Channel Account Managers
- Perform all quoting and opportunity management/updates in Salesforce.Com on a daily basis
- Provide up to date accurate forecasts for the business
- Create a repeatable business process within the ISR team to qualify prospects and customers on Silver Peak key use cases and represent Silver Peak’s unique value to Customers and prospects on a daily basis
- Continually keep up with current SD Wan trends, companies, news releases, and competitor news
- Create a best practices environment of constant enablement of the ISR team on Silver Peak technology, value and a consistent, repeatable use of sales tools, including but not limited to Salesforce.com, LinkedIn, Insidesales.com, Data.Com, and all assigned sales enablement classes, exercises and assignments
- Create a Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly cadence of key activities and results expected from the ISR team that assures success and value added to the Sales Teams and to Silver Peak.
- Coordinate travel for the ISRs to enablement functions, tradeshow events and QBR meetings as needed
What you are great at (aka the Required Skills):
- Consistent track record of exceeding quota and penetrating net-new business
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize various sales-related activities and fluently adapt to shifting priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate Silver Peak’s business value to varying roles in an IT organization
- Strong organizational skills and effective time management
- Demonstrated ability to optimize performance and drive results in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum 7-year experience in a management role for technology sales - inside sales team
- BA/BS Degree required