DevOps Tools Engineer
Silver Peak’s Engineering is looking for an experienced candidate with background in Linux systems engineering, DevOps, and/or Software Configuration Management (SCM) and Release Engineering to join a dynamic, highly visible Engineering DevOps group responsible for the reliability and availability of all Engineering systems and to deliver end-to-end DevOps for all products of Silver Peak. The candidate should also be conceptually familiar with networking and building blocks of Internet applications. Responsibility also includes tools development using Python; hence Python programming is a must. Experience with Cloud Computing: Virtualization, Containerization, and deploying application using Cloud infrastructure is highly desirable. The position is based in Santa Clara.
- Manage and monitor systems (Engineering infrastructure, Jenkins, Jira, etc.) to drive troubleshooting and resolutions.
- Hands-on development of DevOps and automation tools using Python.
- Understand all components of Silver Peak’s SD-WAN product portfolio.
- Work with Engineering and SQA teams to diagnose complex problems and drive resolution.
- Define repeatable patterns/tasks and automate them.
- Collaborate with multiple teams to ensure automation adheres to best practices and establish standards where necessary.
- Help scale Engineering Infrastructure to support growth.
- B.S. and 5 years related work, or M.S. and 4 years related work experience.
- 3+ years of Linux Systems Engineering, DevOps, and/or SCM Operations experience.
- Advanced Python knowledge.
- Passionate about Operations – you like to make things run and fix them when they break.
- Passionate about coding and programming – you like to automate things and write clean, easy-readable code.
- Knowledge of common system administration tools, Networking (LAN and WAN), Unix, and TCP/IP,).
- Strong grasp of automation tools, build systems, and Software Configuration Management and Continuous Integration systems: Jenkins, GNU Make, Jira, Git, Static Analysis using Coverity.
- Familiarity with Cloud deployments (AWS/OpenStack/Docker) a definite asset.
- Proven problem-solving skills with emphasis on quick problem resolution.
- Excellent verbal, written, and documentation skills.