Director of Product Management
As SD-WAN and security become increasingly converged, Silver Peak is looking for a Director of Product Management to drive the security position of our flagship, market-leading, SD-WAN offering. You will be responsible for defining and owning the security strategy and development of our network edge software, our on-prem and cloud-delivered Orchestrator-as-a-Service, and our cloud services. As the Product owner for security, you will report directly to the VP of Product Management.
- Drive security priorities of all aspects of the EdgeConnect product line.
- Drive Silver Peak’s response to new and emerging threats. Provide product, process and architectural guidance to mitigate threats.
- Drive threat modeling of Silver Peak’s cloud services
- Own and drive the integrated security features and partner integrations of the Silver Peak product line.
- Work with business development as necessary to enhance our security offering via tight and meaningful integrations.
- Draft and publish public security advisories and responses to any public vulnerabilities and exposures.
- Engage with the security community and researchers to ensure Silver Peak is ahead of emerging threats.
- Work with the test automation team to drive vulnerability and pen testing of the product and services
- Engage with customers and prospects to communicate our security position and posture.
What you need to bring:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years Product security experience desired
- 10+ years of Product Management Experience
- Advise on secure architecture/design, attack surface area reduction, least privileged design, threat mitigations, and security standard methodologies.
- Understanding of networking, web protocols, operating systems (preferably Linux), and public cloud services.
- Experience with federal certification e.g. FIPS, common criteria, JITC, FedRAMP
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Experience with crypto analysis or cryptography research.
- Deep understanding of security vulnerabilities and attacks and the ability to mitigate them.