Vice President of Channel Sales
Due to rapid growth and increased demand for our market leading SD-WAN solutions, Silver Peak is actively seeking a Vice President of Channel Sales for the Americas theater. As VP Americas Channels at Silver Peak your primary responsibility will be to drive sales growth through a portfolio of Distributors and Value-Added Resellers. You will utilize your leadership, experience, business development, sales and technical skills to build and retain a team of channel sales professionals across the Americas.
You will work closely with regional sales leaders in the end user sales, inside sales, marketing and customer success teams to drive the most benefit from the channel, leveraging your proven set of skills in channel sales strategy, leadership and management, sales enablement, channel marketing, training and relationship building.
Successful candidates will possess a passion for the channel as well as deep and broad channel sales experience, executive presence, and an in-depth understanding of the processes, systems and tools needed to create a “partner first” go-to-market strategy. If you have a passion for the channel and a proven track record of success in building and growing a channel led business, Silver Peak is the place for you!
What You Will Do – “Regional Channel Leadership”
- Identify, recruit and retain a team of channel sales professionals with demonstrable skills and proven experiences in working with VARs and Distributors.
- Own and deliver the business strategies, objectives and revenue goals for our channel business across the Americas.
- Identify, prioritize and attract a portfolio of distribution and value-added resellers which represent the highest level of opportunity for Silver Peak to win a disproportionate level of market share across the region.
- Lead and define channel sales and account management strategies
- Collaborate with all other Silver Peak departments to advocate and educate on the needs of the channel and ensure the Channel becomes a company-wide priority.
- Represent Silver Peak regionally as the local expert for all things channel, providing insight, market intelligence and strategies for achieving the business objectives.
Who You Are
- Passionate – you understand what winning looks like and get excited about seeing teams win. You wake up and want to help your team succeed and grow as professionals.
- Self-Starter – you understand that it’s up to you to engage and collaborate with the larger Silver Peak team and that being part of a winning team means everyone must contribute as individuals.
- Transparent – you understand that open and honest communications are the clearest path to success and done in a respectful and timely manner is essential in a successful relationship.
- Results Oriented – you understand that you re accountable for results and delivering on commitments. You identify what you must do to support the mission and drive to a successful conclusion.
- Accountable – you understand that you are accountable for achieving our channel business goals and do what is necessary to achieve them
- Collaborative - you see the value in sharing early and often to engage those around you
- Evangelist – you are the voice of Silver Peak to the channel in the Americas, loudly echoing our joint wins, achievements and the value of partnering with Silver Peak.
- A min of 15+ years of experience in channel leadership and sales across the Americas
- Knowledge of the high-tech sales process in a two-tier channel model
- Strong executive presence and financial acumen
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
- Tenacious and aggressive “hunter” mentality
- Ability to see and present the business value of technology
- Basic proficiency in Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- BA/BS or equivalent