DevOps Tools Engineer
Silver Peak’s Engineering is looking for an experienced candidate with background in Linux systems engineering, DevOps, and/or Software Configuration Management (SCM) and Release Engineering to join a dynamic, highly visible DevOps group responsible for the reliability and availability of all Engineering systems and to deliver end-to-end DevOps for all products of Silver Peak. The candidate should also be conceptually familiar with networking and building blocks of Internet applications. Responsibility also includes application development using Python; hence experience in Python programming is a must. Experience with Cloud Computing: Virtualization, Containerization, and deploying and managing applications using Cloud Infrastructure is highly desirable.
- Manage and monitor systems to drive troubleshooting and resolutions.
- Hands-on development of DevOps and automation tools using Python.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Apply cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) computing skills to deploy upgrades and fixes.
- Define repeatable patterns/tasks and automate them.
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems, procedures, and data security.
- Conduct systems test for security, performance, and availability.
- Develop and maintain architecture and troubleshooting documentation.
- Help scale Infrastructure to support growth.
- B.S. and 5 years related work, or M.S. and 4 years related work experience.
- 3+ years of DevOps, and/or SCM Operations or equivalent experience.
- Advanced Python knowledge.
- Passionate about Operations – you like to make things run and fix them when they break.
- Passionate about coding and programming – you like to automate things and write clean, easy-readable code.
- Experience in network, server, and application monitoring.
- Strong grasp of software automation tools, build systems, and Software Configuration Management and Continuous Integration systems: Jenkins, GNU Make, Jira, Git, Static Analysis using Coverity.
- Familiarity with Cloud deployments (AWS/OpenStack/Docker) a definite asset.
- Proven problem-solving skills with emphasis on quick problem resolution.
- Excellent verbal, written, and documentation skills.