Channel Account Manager - Japan
Due to rapid growth and increased demand for our award-winning SD-WAN solutions, Silver Peak is actively seeking a Channel Account Manager (CAM). As a CAM for Silver Peak you will drive sales growth through a list of assigned partners. You will utilize your sales, technical and relationship building skills to demonstrate Silver Peak's unique business proposition to all the constituents across the assigned channel.
You will work closely with field and inside sales to drive the most benefit from partners through proven skills in; sales engagement and management, technical enablement, marketing planning, training and relationship building. Experience selling to both Channel Partners and Service Providers in Japan with a proven track record is essential.
Successful candidates will possess strong critical thinking skills, executive presence, and a desire to make partners successful. If you have a passion for growing a channel business and proven track record of channel success, Silver Peak represents a unique opportunity for the channel professional.
What You Will Do
- Lead regional partner recruitment activities and strategies aligned with regional sales leadership
- Develop and leverage executive partner relationships to grow revenue and mindshare
- Act as the regional account manager for all aspects of the business to business relationship
- Understand your respective partner’s sales motion and drive success through accurate forecasting and visibility into opportunity development for our sales teams
- Facilitate the sales engagement with the Silver Peak sales team
- Help your partners understand which KPIs resonate with our sellers and coach on co-selling
- Identify champions who will work with us to pilot programs, prove success, and incorporate positive findings into our joint GTM approach
- Recruit new channel partners to help grow Silver Peak's Business
- Manage Distributor relationships
- Create and manage a technical enablement plan, including being a technical point of contact
- Plan and facilitate sales and technical training requirements enabling partner self sufficiency
- Engage and own driving a focused marketing plan with assigned partners
- Manage all Silver Peak resources as they relate to supporting the partner mission
- Excite and create a level of bias within the partner community for Silver Peak including evangelizing joint wins and use cases
Who You Are
- Passionate – you understand the value of the channel and get excited about seeing partners grow. You wake up and want to help partners succeed.
- Self-Starter – you understand that it’s up to you to engage and collaborate with the larger Silver Peak team and that being part of a winning team means everyone must take part.
- Transparent – you understand that open and honest communications are the clearest path to success and done in a respectful and timely manner is essential in a successful relationship.
- Results Oriented – you understand the you have a role to play on the team and identify what you must do to support the mission and drive to a successful conclusion.
- Accountable – you understand that you must take ownership of yourself and your circumstances
- Collaborative - you see the value in sharing early and often to engage those around you
- Evangelist – Be the voice of Silver Peak to the Channel Partner community, loudly echoing our joint wins, achievements and the value of partnering with Silver Peak.
- A min of 5+ years of experience in channel sales or technical management in Japan.
- Have experience of working with the Channel Partners and Service Providers, the culture and the processes.
- Sales and or technical skills to demonstrate value in the “partner manager roles”
- Knowledge of the high-tech sales cycles
- Basic proficiency in Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
- Desire to build a world class channel program
- Tenacious and aggressive “hunter” mentality
- Strong executive presence and financial acumen
- Ability to see and present the business value of technology
- BA/BS or equivalent