Information Security Analyst
We are looking for an Information Security Analyst who will be a key member of the IT staff. You will help plan and implement security measures to protect computer systems, networks and data. You will ensure that we achieve security compliance across our IT landscape. You will collaborate and work cross-functionally with various teams across the organization. You will be based at our corporate headquarters in Santa Clara, CA, and report to the Vice President of IT.
What you will do:
- Protect systems by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Recognize problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations.
- Implement security improvements and processes by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Determine security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- Upgrade systems by implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Keep users informed by preparing performance reports; communicating system status.
- Implement and manage a security training awareness program across the enterprise.
- Help Silver Peak achieve and maintain industry compliance certifications.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
What you are great at:
- Penetration testing of on-premise and cloud applications and infrastructure.
- Security assessments of network infrastructure, hosts and applications.
- Forensics – investigation and analysis of how and why a breach or other compromise occurred.
- Troubleshooting – the skill to recognize the cause of a problem and get to a root cause.
- DLP, AV and anti-malware – an understanding of the tools used to protect the organization.
- TCP/IP, computer networking, routing and switching.
- ISO27001 assessment – specifications for a framework of policies and procedures that include all legal, physical and technical controls involved in an organization’s risk management.
- Cloud computing including AWS and Azure security and best practices to protect our cloud infrastructure.
- Windows, Mac, and Linux operating system security.
Your Education, Experience & Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technology related field preferred.
- 5-10 years’ experience in IT and/or computer security related fields.
- Security certifications preferred.