Silicon Labs is building a Software Center of Excellence in Hyderabad, India. To support this initiative, Silicon Labs is looking for a motivated individual to help define, build, and support the infrastructure, tools, and processes needed to empower the organization to operate at scale. As a DevOps Engineer you will be front and center in implementing Silicon Labs cloud services and infrastructure. This includes onboarding and migration of existing processes, cloud application deployment, management, and monitoring. Close collaboration with SW / IT teams along with knowledge of, and ability to learn, new and existing technologies is key to success in the role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build productive internal/external working relationships.
- Create and maintain effective documentation and written communications.
- Increase productivity of the team through identifying opportunities to automate and eliminate waste in new and existing processes.
- Improve software developer experience and productivity by eliminating friction and automating testing and deployments.
- Design, develop and deploy CI/CD pipelines across software and infrastructure deployments.
- Design, develop and deploy analytics and telemetry solutions.
- Give presentations at conferences and technical gatherings.
- Eliminate waste and reduce cost of our cloud computing infrastructure.
Skills You’ll Need
- A technology related bachelor's degree or equivalent in training, plus 2-4 years in software development, DevOps, or related field.
- Experience with cloud platforms.
- AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure as code and task automation technologies.
- Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language.
- Java, C#, C, Python, JS, Groovy, etc.
- Proficiency in system administration and scripting.
- Linux and Windows and MacOS system administration.
- *Nix shell and PowerShell scripting.
- Proficiency with container technologies and orchestration technologies.
- Kubernetes, ECS, Docker, Pod man, etc.
- Strong knowledge of source control systems and source management processes.
The following qualifications will be considered a plus:
- Database administration and SQL proficiency.
- Network Administration and troubleshooting.
- Embedded programming and low-level programming.