Software Engineer - Direction finding
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity, security and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
Bluetooth at Silicon Labs
The Bluetooth product line represents one of the key strategic technologies and fastest growing businesses for Silicon Labs. Bluetooth is not just a standalone technology and business for Silicon Labs but it’s also a key technology part of Silicon Labs’ 802.15.4 and proprietary multi-protocol solutions. The Bluetooth team strives to be at the forefront of Bluetooth and Bluetooth mesh development and deliver first in the world, unique solutions for global tier one customers.
Learn more about our Bluetooth products and Direction Finding technology here:
As a Software Engineer, you will specify, design, implement, test and document Bluetooth Direction Finding algorithms in software products. You will be a full-time member for an agile team, implementing competitive and high-quality products for the global wireless IoT technology markets.
- Specifying and designing the features all the way up to the final high-quality deliveries
- Algorithm development for direction finding
- Making the feature analyses, SW and API designs, prototypes, and feasibility analyses for new features
- Implementing the new features with high-class coding conventions
- Providing automated testing and different performance test results for the SW
- Working with build scripts, continuous integration, developer tools, technical documentation and SDK SW
- Providing input to wireless specifications
- Debugging technically demanding challenges and helping customers to succeed in their business
- Background in Mathematical sciences, using signal processing
- C++ programming skills
- Professional software development experience
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Embedded C knowledge
- Experience working on embedded wireless/networking projects (industry, hobby, etc.)
- Experience with some of the following: SW platforms, SW architecture, APIs, embedded systems, wireless, IP, local connectivity technologies, development tools, RF, power management, or microcontroller
- Work experience in agile teams according to the respective methodologies
- Knowledge about wireless digital and analog audio, antennae and equivalent
- Understanding of linear algebra, statistics, numerical methods and
BSc/MSc level degree in Computer Science, Software, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Signal Processing or similar area with software focus.
What we offer:
We offer you a key role in the IoT industry in a dynamic, fast growing and profitable company. You will also get to work with a fun and great team of top industry experts. At Silicon Labs we also care greatly about our employees and want to be a truly great place to work.
Benefits & Perks
- Modern office space in a central location in the immediate vicinity of the Leppävaara railway station, Sello shopping centre and other Leppävaara services
- Free covered parking
- Free snacks and beverages
- Extensive occupational health care and supplementary medical expense coverage for treatments performed by specialist physicians
- Flexible working hours
- Mobile phone
- Lunch benefit
- Smartum Exercise & Culture benefit
- Quarterly celebrations / holiday parties
- 3 paid volunteer days per year
- Employment Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid parental leave (maternity 3 months, paternity 2 weeks), additional parental leaves will be in accordance with legislation
- Other Workplace Activities
- Innovation Events – Free Your Gecko
- Monthly “Lunch & Learn” opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.