System Engineer Intern - Summer 2020
About Silicon Labs
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
Why This Role Matters
Our Systems Engineers solve real-world problems within a small, collaborative team of the industry’s most innovative talent. As a Silicon Labs Intern, you will help develop the industry’s leading products in Infrastructure and Automotive (I&A) all while being mentored and closely guided by the best engineers who have a vested interest in your success. And don’t worry, you’ll still have plenty of opportunities to learn, network, and develop new skills through our social events, development lectures, and volunteer opportunities.
Excited? See what it’s like to be a part of the Silicon Labs Team
What You’ll Do
Does the idea of measuring time in femtoseconds (10^-15 seconds!) intrigue you? How about synchronizing time across a network to better than 100 ns? Our intern projects are designed to help you to grow your skill set while making meaningful contributions to our business. Here are just a few of the challenges you might get to tackle:
- Research, analyze, specify, and develop product and application solutions (HW, SW) in coordination with multi-disciplinary teams (eg. IC Design, SW, Marketing) for high-performance clocking applications.
- Design a test circuits and collect data to help direct the next series of product launches.
- Develop methodology for testing our chips with different references – DSP, architecture
- Implement a phase comparison/calibration algorithm - Architecture
Who You Are
You are an innovator, builder, and tinkerer. You are looking for an opportunity to show-off your breadth of skills from several disciplines. You want to work with a global team of technology enthusiasts and design pioneers. Here’s what you need:
- Completion of 2+ years of study
- Enrollment in BS/MS/PhD Electrical or Computer Engineering degree plan
- You have some combination of the following skills:
- You are interested in PCB design, Phase Locked Loops, RF Signals, and jitter and phase noise measurement.
- Coursework in embedded programming, scripting, debug, and laboratory measurement.
- Knowledge of System design concepts, implementation, simulation, and productization.
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug systems, circuits, and devices.
What’s in a World-Class Internship?
Apply what you’ve learned in school to build technology that solves some of the planet’s most significant challenges. You will join a community of fellow interns and alumni who engage and empower your excellence. Take it from our previous interns:
“Both the mentor and manager are really nice. They solved every question (including technical and career) I had during the internship.”– 2018 Design Engineer Intern
"The innovative projects which are actually useful to the company, the amazing people, the fun-filled activities and my wonderful team all made sure that this has been one of the best summers of my life." - 2018 CAD Intern
Curious for more feedback? Check out our Glassdoor (bit.ly/SilabsGlassdoor)
Discover why we attract the best and brightest! --> bit.ly/SilabsUR
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.