**Principal RF IC Design Engineer**
We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives. silabs.com
- Architects, designs and verifies circuits, logic, systems, algorithms, etc. to meet product requirements
- Serves as a divisional resource and sometimes as a cross-divisional resource to resolve a broad range of complex technical issues, based on a thorough understanding of industry practices and technical procedures
- Responsible for custom layout, including overseeing the work of layout designers
- Supports in product definition, efficient test program development, applications engineering to meet customer needs
- Oversees and mentors other engineers in either a technical or project lead role
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Contributes to broad design matters and design processes
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles, works on critical issues.
- Master’s degree in Electrical engineering and 16+ years of experience in Analog/Mixed-signal/RFIC circuit design in CMOS. An advanced degree may reduce the minimum experience required
- Prior experience in designing the following RF circuits in CMOS (0.13u or lower geometries): LNAs, Mixers(active/Passive), Baseband Filters, ADCs, DACs, High frequency LO Dividers, High power CMOS PAs, L-C VCOs, LO buffers, Analog PLLs (Charge pump, PFD, Loop-filter, Delta-sigma), Digital PLLs (TDC, Digital loop-filter), Oscillators
- Direct experience designing and bringing into mass production RF and Analog circuits
- Experience with passive EM devices/structures(inductors, transformers etc)
- Proven innovative knowledge of RF low-power techniques with application in CMOS processes
- Very Broad knowledge across RF, Analog and mixed signal circuits
- Advanced understanding in system specification and ability to work with system/application engineers to translate system requirement into circuit requirement at IC level
- Advanced understanding of device noise, mismatch, linearity, and other RF and analog impairments
- Strong knowledge of RF design and implementation techniques
- Proficiency in Cadence Design Environment for Analog, Mixed-Signal and RF designs (Cadence Analog Artist, Cadence Virtuoso, SpectreRF, EMX, AFS etc.)
- Advanced knowledge in signal processing
- Solid experience in Si characterization and debug
- Understanding of DFT and DFM techniques for mass production environment
- Ability to drive strong production test/QA methodologies
- Scripting in Python, Skill, Ocean, Perl, Unix Shell, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills required.
MS/MSc/Ph.D in Electrical Engineering
Benefits & Perks
- Equity Rewards (RSUs)
- Insurance plans
- PF and NPS
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status,veteran status, or disability status.