Strategic Sourcing Engineer (Semiconductor)
Who We Are
At Silicon Labs, we know innovation doesn’t start with companies — it starts with people; People who love solving problems and developing new ideas using their diverse talents, backgrounds and perspectives. We are creative thinkers and collaborative innovators who work together to solve the world’s biggest challenges. As part of our team, you’ll work on groundbreaking technologies that impact the world, from products that simplify home automation and address medical issues to solutions that reduce energy waste and enable sustainable infrastructure. You will also be supported by a team that values learning from each other and helping one another succeed.
Do you think creatively, design passionately and dream big? Then we want you on our team. Together we can build a smarter and more connected world.
About the Team
Manufacturing Simplification & Sourcing Team is a newly created function responsible for setting up the supply chain framework for Silicon Labs and continually improve the scalability and streamline the business processes to achieve greater efficiency. The team is also responsible for sourcing alternate suppliers with better quality and cost.
- Identify and lead value added engineering (VAE) projects such as source for alternate suppliers / manufacturing sites, qualify lower alternate BOM, etc.
- Prepare business cases or proposals for management review and buy off.
- Identify and lead business process improvement and simplification projects such as streamlining and standardization of existing process to improve efficiency and lower manufacturing costs
- Establish efficient and effective manufacturing process flows for new businesses (e.g., merger & acquisitions) from new product introduction to mass production
- Lead and set up manufacturing process flow for new product lines
- Lead the sourcing effort including negotiation with suppliers on technical details, BOMs, processes and work with Supplier Management team to achieve optimum cost, capacity and material availability.
- Expedite exits for non-performing products & suppliers.
Qualifications & Requirements
- University degree or higher in engineering, supply chain or related discipline.
- 5 years of experience in backend semiconductor industry.
- Semiconductor Probe, Assembly and Final Test knowledge are required.
- Independent and motivated to drive project closure and completion.
- Experience in supply chain/procurement/sourcing is an added advantage.
Your Benefits & Perks
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Medical and dental insurance coverage including spouse and child(ren)
- Bi yearly health screening and flu vaccination
- Office location is above Tai Seng MRT station
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.