IT Support Analyst
About Silicon Labs:
We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives.
How the IT Team works:
The Silicon Labs IT team is a tight group of global IT professionals, many of them generalists, with a broad understanding of transformational technology initiatives and a passion for innovation and providing business value through technology. We care about the business we support and take pride in the technology services we deliver and go the extra mile to “Do the Right Thing” for Silicon Labs.
Why this position matters:
Our IT Service Desk Team is the first line of defence for all IT matters. You’ll collaborate with your peers and leadership leveraging a range of technology solutions, but you’ll also be responsible for strategic problem solving and operational excellence for all IT issues and support questions for your local end users.
As a member of the IT Service Desk, you will provide support for all technical support and IT related issues. Reporting to the IT Service Delivery Lead in Hyderabad, you will be responsible for day-to-day technical support for our employees for network infrastructure, internal desktop systems software and hardware. At Silicon Labs we have a strong culture of innovation & simplicity, the successful candidate will be able to embrace those key tenets in working with the Silicon Labs team to achieve our goals. As such, you should have a strong passion for technology and solving business problems with IT.
Role Specifics include:
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, servers and network issues in a heterogeneous environment.
- Maintains passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment.
- Communicates technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Act as participant in the development of information technology and infrastructure projects.
- Conducts training programs designed to educate an organization’s computer users about basic and specialized applications.
- Triages, diagnoses and/or transfers work requests and incidents to appropriate groups.
- Works on complex technical issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Determines best methods and procedures on new assignments and will coordinate activities with other personnel.
- Handling the ticket backlog and day-to-day IT support activities.
- Client-focused, working ability in conjunction with Professional Services and Outsourcing functions
- Excellent communication skills.
- Min 8 to 12 yrs of work experience at IT Support Operations / Service management / Helpdesk,
- Associate's or Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or a related field
- System administration expertise on Windows/ Linux platform Mac OS knowledge preferable.
- Service Now- Configuration / Administration expertise
- Can work independently with minimal instruction on day-to-day work
- Ability to set priorities for and execute projects
- Exceptional problem-solving and documentation skills
- A combination of knowledge of any of the following IT platforms and concepts:
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Office
- Zoom and A/V expertise ( added advantage )
- Windows 7, Windows 10, Mac OS, Linux (RHEL)
Benefits & Perks:
Not only will you be joining a highly skilled and tight-knit team where every engineer makes a significant impact on the product; we also strive for good work/life balance and to make our environment welcoming and fun.
- Equity Rewards (RSUs)
- Insurance plans
- PF and NPS
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.