New College Graduate (Shanghai) - Applications Engineer
About Silicon Labs:
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
- Provides technical assistance to customers (e.g., assisting a customer in designing and programming clock parts)
- Designs and debugs demonstration and evaluation boards
- Designs interface examples of how our products connect in various systems
- Actively works with customers on design activities
- Participates in product design validation
- Works on problems where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors, and exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments
- Travels if necessary to support Tier 1 customers and reference design partners.
- Other duties as required
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A master's degree or equivalent training in Electrical Engineering
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals and methodologies
- Schematic capture and PCB design skills
- Familiarity with circuit-level simulation tools
- General analog and digital circuit analysis skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug systems, circuits, and devices
- Knowledge of proper and effective use of lab test equipment
- Knowledge of soldering and rework tools
- Technical documentation authoring and editing skills
- Proficiency with MS Office or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Fluent in both Mandarin and English (CET6 or High TOEFL levels)
- Basic customer interface skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.