Engineering Manager-Infrastructure Software
About Silicon Labs:
We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies, and improve lives.
Silicon Labs is looking for an engineering leader for the IoT Infrastructure Software team. In this role, you will lead a talented team of software engineers while working closely with the Validation, SQA, and Embedded Software teams to develop tools, services, platforms, and processes to enable greater engineering efficiency and scale.
What you will do
- Provide top-notch leadership, mentoring, and personnel management for the team.
- Lead the design, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of the tools and services used by internal engineering teams
- Build project plans for your team to deliver complex new features based on team capacity.
- Balance innovation with execution to ensure that the projects are delivered in a timely manner.
- Drive process changes to enable more efficient execution within the team.
- Build an understanding of total product development life cycle in order to drive product requirements that deliver value.
- BS/MS in EE/ECE/CS or similar
- 3+ years of leading software engineering teams
- 8+ years of hands-on software development
- Substantial and proven object-oriented programming knowledge in Python, Java, C#, or C++
- Strong problem-solving, debugging, and analytical skills
- Familiarity with software build techniques and revision control tools
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies and a passion for delivering high-quality code
- Detailed understanding and hands-on experience in software development lifecycle and methodologies, including traditional Agile and waterfall methods
- Experience in use of modern project management tools (Confluence, Jira, Portfolio Manager, MS Project, etc.)
- Experience leading the interviewing and hiring of new full-time engineers
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams in different locations
- Excellent communication skills
Qualifications Considered a Plus
- Knowledge of databases and data management
- Understanding of automated test environments for hardware validation or software QA
- Experience with cloud deployment and monitoring tools.
- Familiarity with DevOps tools for CI/CD and infrastructure-as-code
Benefits & Perks
Not only will you be joining a highly skilled and tight-knit team where every engineer makes a significant impact on the product; we also strive for good work/life balance and to make our environment welcoming and fun.
- Equity Rewards (RSUs)
- Insurance plans
- PF and NPS
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.