Embedded Software Engineer - New College Graduate
About Silicon Labs:
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
Why this position matters:
As an Software Engineer at Silicon Labs you will be part of a highly skilled team in which every member is critical to the success of Silicon Lab’s Internet of Things product offerings. We count among our customers some of the most recognizable and well-respected companies in the world and innovators in IoT.
You will work as an embedded software engineer on the software and tools used in our wireless networking technology. As part of our radio software team you will help create and extend the code that presents a consistent, well-structured, well-documented, high-quality interface to our wireless chips.
Silicon Labs has a track record of multiple industry firsts and of transforming and disrupting large and diversified markets. Our Engineers are at the forefront of that success!
Excited? See what it’s like to be a part of the Silicon Labs Team
Embedded Software Engineers
- Participate in the design, development and testing of our software platform as a member of the core radio software team.
- Design and maintain the common radio abstraction layer for all Silicon Labs low power wireless micros.
- Design, implement, and maintain radio physical and MAC layer code, system startup code, peripheral drivers, security, and system test and verification programs.
- Tune code for optimal resource utilization, reliability, performance and energy efficiency.
- Specify and customize 3rd party tools such as compilers, IDE’s & debuggers for use with our products.
- Work with circuit and chip design teams to specify and verify new designs.
What skills you will need:
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 0-4 years of experience in embedded software development.
- Solid C Language skills.
- Background in highly resource-constrained, real time, embedded environments.
- Experience with Assembly Language for at least one microcontroller such as ARM, AVR, MSP430, 8051 or HC08.
- Experience with full software development lifecycle including requirements, design, implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Experience specifying hardware requirements and working with hardware engineers.
- Proficiency with electronics bench test equipment, e.g. oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers.
- Experience with hardware description language is a plus.
- Interest in highly constrained, real time, embedded environments
- Ability to quickly absorb new ideas in various domains
- Experience with software engineering processes such as requirements, design, implementation, and testing, and deployment
- Experience using both simulations and hardware testing
- Understanding of hardware vs. software tradeoffs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.