Senior Software Developer In Test
We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives. silabs.com
How the SQA Team works
The Silicon Labs SQA team is a tight group of software professionals, with a broad understanding of Continuous Integration testing initiatives in wireless networks and a passion for innovation, quality, and providing business value through technology. We care about the business we support and take pride in the technology services we deliver and go the extra mile to “Do the Right Thing” for Silicon Labs and its customers. Members of our team appreciate that we are greater than the sum of our parts.
The IoT SQA Team's Responsibilities
The IOT Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Team at Silicon Labs, which is spread across several different geographical locations, focuses on improving the overall quality of the Silicon Labs Gecko SDK Product. The Gecko SDK products contain all the wireless (Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), Bluetooth Mesh, Zigbee, OpenThread, Wi-Sun, Z-Wave, and proprietary protocols) and 32 bit micro-controller (MCU) software required to build end products for the Internet of Things (IoT) Market. Silicon Lab’s SQA Team works closely with the Software (SW) Development teams to ensure a deep understanding of the product, features and system functionality. Silicon Lab’s SQA Team utilize an internal test framework to automate all tests for repeatability and stability along with providing detailed test reports on each build of the product to provide our customers with quality assurance. The SQA team has decades of experience in providing high quality embedded SW products to our customers which include the largest names in the industry.
Challenges You Will Solve:
- Design and execute functional, negative, performance, and stress tests for Silicon Lab’s embedded wireless and MCU products.
- Work closely with development team(s) to debug problems found during the test cycle
- Develop automation tests so they can be run regularly as part of a continuous integration infrastructure
- Assist in resolving customer issues by working closely with the customer support team to answer and reproduce customer-related issues
- Emulate customer environments by working closely with the sales team and field application engineers in supporting customer’s needs and debug customer’s problems
- Build, manage, and maintain a distributed test network
- Simplification and automation of product deployments and platform changes
- Productivity increase of the team through identifying opportunities to automate and script daily tasks and eliminate waste in existing processes
Technologies We Use
- Java, Junit, Python, Jenkins, Docker, Cloud Based Computing, SQL Database, Windows, Linux, Shell, Bash, GIT
- 5+ years industry experience as a software developer and/or test automation.
- Knowledge of Java or C and in addition to Python. Knowledge of version control systems such as git.
- Data communications and networking experience (TCP/IP, etc)
- Experience with continuous integration technique and test automation system.
- Communicate well and work well in a small cross-functional team.
- Able to create and review test plans based on requirements.
- Able to mentor new hires and fresh graduates and able to lead small technical team.
- Ability to plan CI processes.
- Experience in implementing test strategies and test plans.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science from four-year college or university preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
We consider the following experience an asset
- Experience with continuous integration
- Test Application development including standard API’s (REST API)
- Experience with task management and bug tracking systems such as JIRA
- Team leading and-or coordinating experience is a plus
- IoT Domain knowledge
Benefits & Perks @ Silicon Labs
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Highly competitive salary
- Robust medical plan with two options:
- Traditional PPO with FSA
- Consumer-Driven Health Plan with HSA (+ employer contribution)
- Full dental & vision plans
- Traditional 401(k) plan with Roth option (+ employer match)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Basic and optional coverage for Life and AD&D
- Voluntary benefits available
- Legal & Identity Theft
- Back-up Dependent Care
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits (+ employer monthly subsidy)
- Adoption assistance
- Charitable contribution match
- 24 paid Volunteer hours per year
- Quarterly team building & philanthropy events
- Tuition reimbursement & internal employee development opportunities
- Onsite gym with instructor-led fitness classes
- Free snacks, drinks, and weekly Friday lunches
- Regular business updates from executive team
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status