Security Applications Engineering Intern - Fall 2022
We are Silicon Labs. We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives.
Our Applications Engineers solve real-world problems within a small, collaborative team of the industry’s most innovative talent. As a Silicon Labs Intern, you will help develop the industry’s leading products in IoT while being mentored and closely guided by the best engineers who have a vested interest in your success. And don’t worry, you’ll still have plenty of opportunities to learn, network, and develop new skills through our social events, development lectures, and volunteer opportunities.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Silicon Labs is the place for you!
Excited? See what it’s like to be a part of the Silicon Labs Team:
What You’ll Do
Our intern projects are designed to help you to grow your skill set while making meaningful contributions to our business. Here are just a few of the challenges you might get to tackle:
- Work directly with IoT engineers writing Python scripts to ascertain package and pinout information used for generating PCB landing patterns, schematic symbols and CAD drawings.
- Write MCU code and build a GUI to test our audio SPI board.
Learn more about the IoT solutions you will work on.
Who You Are
You are an innovator, builder, and tinkerer. You are looking for an opportunity to show off your breadth of skills from several disciplines. You want to work with a global team of technology enthusiasts and design pioneers. Here’s what you need:
- Completion of 2+ years of study
- Enrollment in BS/MS/PhD Electrical or Computer Engineering degree plan
- You have some combination of the following skills:
- You are interested in PCB design and Phase Locked Loops.
- Coursework in embedded programming, scripting, analog or digital design, and/or participation in MCU classes or labs
- Strong C programming skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug systems, circuits, and devices
What’s in a World-Class Internship?
Apply what you’ve learned in school to build technology that solves some of the planet’s most significant challenges. You will join a community of fellow interns and alumni who engage and empower your excellence. Take it from our previous interns:
- “To me, the most exciting aspect of my internship is that I am doing meaningful work that is actually making an impact at the company. There are many internships out there that just give interns busy work. But here the work I am doing is actually helping the company, which to me is the most exciting part of my job.” - 2020 Applications Engineer Intern
- “I am really thankful to Silicon Labs for providing me with such a great opportunity. Everyone understands that there are different challenges for each individual and people here respect that. I must say my experience here is beyond my expectations and I am growing, learning every single day!” - 2020 Design Engineer Intern
Curious for more feedback? Check out our Glassdoor (bit.ly/SilabsGlassdoor)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.