Technical Program Manager
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world through professional and university channels and then solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including Internet of Things, internet infrastructure, industrial automation, consumer and automotive. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company. Learn more at www.silabs.com/careers
Program Management at Silicon Labs is recognized as a core function, enabling the company to excel in product development execution and delivery into the IoT space. This role will lead SoC product development and NPI, starting at project concept continuing through product development, validation, product launch and closing the project when released to full production. Program management engages at concept and definition phases to help determine effort, resource needs and schedule to ensure the execution plan supports the business requirements and timing. Once a project is approved, program management drives the program execution. At Silicon Labs that requires managing a very diverse global support infrastructure and numerous sub-project components that must be planned, monitored and integrated at different points of maturity into the final platform solution.
Our leadership in IoT is driven by innovative solutions. With innovation comes technical challenges, that as a program manager, you’ll need to ensure have risk assessments and mitigation plans to minimize impact to committed deliverables. Solid anticipation, planning, collaboration, and communication skills are required for successful execution.
The IoT Sr. Program Manager position is critical to achieving our goals and enabling Silicon Labs to continue to evolve and enhance our increasingly connected world. Learn more about our portfolio here: https://www.silabs.com/solutions/iot
What would make you the ideal candidate:
- BSc or MSc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field
- 8+ years of related industry experience with 5+ years of proven project management experience, preferably in SoC development or NPI
- Working knowledge in these areas is a plus: module development, packaging, validation, test, qualifications, development tools, go-to-market and all supporting infrastructure
- PMP certification is a huge plus (PMP, PRINCE2 or any other project management qualification)
These will be the daily tasks:
- Provide program leadership for IoT system-on-chip (SoC) products
- Collaborate with leaders and individual contributors across the spectrum of functional teams such as IC Design, HW design, Test Managers, SW development, Applications, validation, Operations and Product Management to create, manage and execute schedules
- Organize and facilitate cross-functional activities, nurturing collaboration and ongoing alignment to ensure requirements are met, on schedule and within resource constraints
- Bottom’s up program/project planning including WBS, scheduling, resource forecasts, team enablement and executing using project management best practices and tools
- Records detailed requirements, commitments, constraints, dependencies and assumptions with team members to form the program charter and project management plan.
- Monitor schedule and criteria performance using appropriate tools and techniques to measure the progress and health of the program
- Proactively recognize risks and deviations from plan, create options and drive approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate and minimize the impact to the program
- Ensure requests introduced to the program that affect scope are manage appropriately through established processes and do not impact planned execution prior to acceptance
- Actively participate and contribute to PMO continuous improvement projects targeted at methods, processes, templates, lessons learned and project management tools
We would like you to have:
- Passion for pulling a program/project together, the vision to anticipate challenges and the ability to navigate past the risks
- Working knowledge of, or experience with, HW/SW tools, modules and software development and their interactions/enablement of the platform system solution
- Attributes that foster relationships, builds trust, and can influence across globally diverse cross-functional engineering and operational teams and leaders
- Ability to maintain a healthy pressure and challenge teams where there might be opportunity or need to improve or change an outcome
- Proficiency with project management concepts and tools (Jira, Microsoft Project, Confluence)
Budapest Perks & Benefits
You would be working from our office in Budapest, in Graphisoft Park, next to the riverbank of the Danube. We also offer:
- annual Budapest travel card or parking in the office garage
- great cafeteria system
- opportunity to join Employment Stock Purchase Plan
- private health care access
- life and accident insurance for every employee
- contribution to a voluntary private pension fund
- possibility to meet with the executive team regularly
- supportive and multicultural office with enthusiastic, hard-working colleagues
- we prioritize the time for social activities, competitions, after work dinners and so much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.