New College Graduate Engineers
As a New College Graduate at Silicon Labs, you will play a key role in engineering our next generation timing, isolation, MCU, Sensors, Radio or Wireless products. You will have the opportunity to dive into a wide variety of projects and make a real impact in an environment that encourages learning and growth. We've developed a reputation as a great place to work - come launch your career with us!
Now Hiring New Graduates in…
- You will Design transistor-level analog or digital circuit blocks, supervise physical layout, verify circuit level operation and performance, assist with tape-out related activities.
- You will work on and verifying analog and mixed-signal sub-systems and the entire chip using transistor-level and behavioral models. Laboratory measurements and validation of IC’s for power, isolation, timing or MCU applications.
- You will focus on specification, design entry, verification, FPGA emulation of digital blocks and chip-level designs, research, optimize, and specify chip-level architectures, considering process node, function, performance, cost, power consumption, and time-to-market
- You will design customer evaluation boards and reference designs, develop software and hardware to test and perform hands-on laboratory debug of new innovative products.
- You will provide support for our customers and internal engineering teams such as documentation, code examples, and other customer technical support.
Software Engineering (SW):
- You will work closely with cross functional teams to specify new designs, understand new product features, debug customer issues, and support customer needs.
- You will build innovative applications that enable our customers to create products using Silicon Labs technology and reference application software to design and develop end products that incorporate our embedded wireless networking technology.
Product Test Engineering (PTE):
- You will lead product and test development of high speed and mixed signal ICs from the post-design stage through manufacturing release. Support manufacturing engineers on yield improvement, quality assurance, and cost reduction efforts.
- Develop hardware and software test solutions for device characterization and production test on automated test equipment (ATE). These will be used used in design validation and mass production.
Skills you will need:
- B.S., M.S. or Ph. D. in Electrical Engineering (EE), Computer Engineering (CE/ECE), or Computer Software (CS)
Software/Applications/Product Test Engineering:
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills, curiosity, positive attitude, and willingness to work on a team.
- Proficient in Embedded C and scripting languages, such as Python or Perl
- C++/C# & Java, Object Oriented Design and Debug Techniques
- Experience working in Real Time Embedded environments (RTOS), peripheral drivers, security, bootloaders,
- system test and verification programs, and test automation
- Experience with Silicon Labs or competitors’ microcontrollers (MCU’s) or similar and wireless networking protocols such as Bluetooth, ZigBee, and Thread
- Experience with the use of laboratory equipment and measurement techniques (e.g. signal generators, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, multimeter, traffic generators, JTAG, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug mixed signal systems and circuits (analog, digital and digital signal processing)
- Familiarity of Phase Locked Loops (PLLs) and Hardware design using PCB design software
You have some combination of experience in the following areas:
- Coursework in Analog Systems, IC Design, and Semiconductor Fabrication preferred
- Strong foundational knowledge of System, Digital, RF, SoC (System on Chip) or IC (Integrated Circuit) design concepts, implementation, simulation, and productization
- Competence in behavioral modeling, RTL Coding (e.g. Verilog, VerilogAMS, System Verilog), high-level languages (e.g., C, C++, Matlab)
- Competence in schematic capture, layout, and layout verification tools
- Product security, IC Security implementations
- Radio and MCU architectures
- Clocking and Synchronization architectures
- Experience with FPGA based solutions
- HW/FW interface optimization
- LNA, mixer, PA, synthesizer, VCO, data conversion, baseband analog signal processing, RF systems design, modulation/demodulation techniques, wireless communications, digital signal processing (DSP), low-power techniques
- Low leakage circuit design, custom digital, custom memories, device physics, ESD circuit design, high voltage circuits, device failure analysis
More about Silicon Labs:
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
Apply now to Discover why we attract the best and brightest!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.