Sr Hardware Engineer
Job Description – RF Applications Engineer
Applications Engineering group has openings for engineering talent with expertise in RF & Wireless validation/testing. We are looking for RF Test &Validation Engineers with hands on experience in Test /Validation of RF/Wireless Products for WLAN/ BT/ BLE/ Zigbee standards. Candidate will be involved in Conducted RF as well as Wireless Testing. Candidate also interacts with customers and helps them integrate Silicon Labs products into their solutions - providing assistance in bringing out high performance and low power consumption, and taking them through product certification and successful production. The ability to validate and resolve issues related to RF performance in a timely manner is essential to our ability to continue to create world class products for our customers.
Learn more about our Wireless solutions here: https://www.silabs.com/products/wireless
- RF Testing of WLAN/ BT/ BLE/ Zigbee products
- Wireless Testing of WLAN/ BT/ BLE/ Zigbee products
- Running Automation scripts for testing these products at room and elevated temperatures.
- Working with customers around the world in the hardware integration o Silicon Labs chipsets into end-products
- Analyzing customer issues and providing resolutions.
- Impedance match tuning, board level bring-up, debug, performance improvement, and power consumption analysis.
- Carrying out regulatory certification tests and radiated measurements
- Firmware based tuning and calibration of CMOS RF transceivers
- 5+ years of experience
- Board or system level engineering knowledge with a solid understanding of RF fundamentals and RF circuits
- Familiarity with RF boards in the 2.4 GHz band
- Experience in small form-factor RF board design and validation
- Experience in using Test Equipment such RF Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Analyzers, Network Analyzers, and Oscilloscopes
- Exposure to RF radiated tests, including antenna characterization and emission measurement
- Experience in RF board performance improvement
- Exposure to embedded systems and controllers
- Basic use of Linux OS & Vim commands
- Basic programming skills in C , MATLAB & Python
- Ability to perform PCB development and optimizing RF matching networks
B.E/M.E in Electronics & Communication Engineering.
Benefits & Perks
- Equity Rewards (RSUs)
- Insurance plans
- PF and NPS
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.