Sr. Software Engineer (Sys)
We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives. silabs.com
IoT Platform Software is expanding to Hyderabad and is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help drive this expansion. In this role, you will be joining a new team of talented software engineers to provide technical leadership.
IoT Platform Software is responsible for delivering all MCU drivers and services, Secure Bootloader, RTOS support, radio APIs, and embedded security features for Silicon Labs ICs. We work closely with the Silicon IC Design team to define the new features and functionality in our IoT ICs. We work with the Silicon Labs wireless protocol teams to enable our end customers to build amazing new IoT products.
What you will do
- Design and Develop drivers and firmware components for MCUs
- Validate controller features on FPGA and Silicon.
- Provide technical mentoring to team members through design reviews, code reviews, and informal technical brainstorming and knowledge sharing sessions
- 5+ years of hands-on development of embedded software components
- Substantial and proven C programming knowledge
- Hands on experience in developing various device drivers (UART, SPI, SDIO, GPIO, i2c, RTC, DMA, Watchdog, etc.)
- Strong OS fundamentals
- Experience in preparing technical documentation
- Excellent communication skills to work with global peers
Qualifications Considered a Plus
- Experience working at a semiconductor company
- Basic understanding of hardware development and verification processes
- Exposure to highly resource-constrained, real-time, embedded environments
- Exposure to one or more RTOS – Free RTOS, uc/OS, Zephyr
- Radio firmware experience at the PHY / MAC layers
- Zigbee, Bluetooth, Z-Wave, WiSun, Wi-Fi, BLE protocol stack experience