Product Test Engineer (Fresh Graduate)
Why Silicon Labs:
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world through professional and university channels and then solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including Internet of Things, internet infrastructure, industrial automation, consumer and automotive. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company.
- Test development for new product attaining low cost test solution and high-test coverage.
- Test/handler solution platform migration and correlation to attain low test cost and address test setup capacity constraints.
- Test time reduction.
- Support test solution transfer to test suppliers.
- Perform yield analysis and contribute to test process improvements.
- Responsible for overseeing product reliability stresses as well as new package qualification stresses and test results.
- Responsible for “Technical Product Knowledge” required to guide and support subcontractor front line factory Test Engineers.
- Support production volume ramp from new product transfers in Asia test supplier sites.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Subcontractors as well as Silicon Laboratories Supplier Management Team in resolving product testing issues.
- Track and report monthly and quarterly test yields to ensue conformance to planned targets.
- Evaluate and manage product disposition when yield variances are reported.
- Support implementation of SAP engineering functions for Silicon Laboratories International site.
- Exceed quality standards to provide best-in-class product quality.
- Provide remote debug and technical support to offshore factory sites.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree Required. Preferred in Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering.
- Internship work experience in a semiconductor Probe/Final Test environment preferably as a Test Development Engineer and/or Product Engineer.
- Experience with industry standard Automated Test Equipment – Teradyne J750/EX, iFlex, Catalyst & LTX-CX preferred.
- Strong understanding of ATE Test Programming principles, preferably with experience in RF and Mixed Signal testing.
- PCB Hardware design knowledge & RF signal process trouble shooting skills.
- Test Software development experience & skills, including knowledge of C/C++, VB, PERL etc.
- Experience/knowledge in new product characterization and qualification.
- Knowledge of statistical method and process control.
- Familiarity with quality procedure and documentation.
- Excellent communication skills as well as detail-oriented work ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process enhancements and improved efficiencies.
- Project management knowledge..
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.