Senior Embedded Software Engineer
We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives.
Meet the Budapest Wireless SDK Development team
The Wireless SDK Development team at Silicon Labs Budapest creates the Bluetooth SDK, Bluetooth Mesh SDK and the Flex SDK (for proprietary/custom protocol solutions). We create the Bluetooth and Flex frameworks with sample applications and build tools for our customers such as our Bluetooth Configurator, Radio Configurator or the Bluetooth protocol sniffer which allows our customers to debug their wireless devices. We also create the development flows in Simplicity Studio (Silicon Labs IDE) for the above-mentioned SDKs.
Learn more about our Bluetooth and Proprietary solutions here: https://www.silabs.com/products/wireless
In this role you will get to work on cutting edge Silicon Labs Wireless products while creating tools that will go directly to our customers. Our Budapest SDK Team is responsible for the firmware and software development, build engineering and scripting for our Bluetooth and Proprietary products.
What You Will Do
- Develop embedded software solutions on Silicon Labs wireless chips
- Design and develop applications and wireless profiles on top of Silicon Labs protocol stacks
- Participate in development of Bluetooth and Proprietary product lines
- Work with our Applications Engineers to understand our customer's applications and help provide effective solutions to customer requirements
- BSc or MSc degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering/Computer Science
- 5 years experience in embedded software development with embedded C
- Knowledge of scripting languages
- Experience with the full software development life cycle including requirements, design, implementation, testing and documentation
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English
We consider the following experience as a plus
- Experience with Bluetooth, 802.15.4, Zigbee
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking protocols, network security (TLS, IPsec, ECC, PKI)
- Experience using both simulations and hardware testing
Budapest Perks & Benefits
You would be working from our office in Budapest, in Graphisoft Park, next to the riverbank of the Danube. We also offer:
- annual Budapest travel card or parking in the office garage
- great cafeteria system
- opportunity to join Employment Stock Purchase Plan
- private health care access
- life and accident insurance for every employee
- contribution to a voluntary private pension fund
- possibility to meet with the executive team regularly
- supportive and multicultural office with enthusiastic, hard-working colleagues
- we prioritize the time for social activities, competitions, after work dinners and so much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.