Applications Engineer, IoT Key Accounts (Spécialiste d'applications, comptes-clés en IoT)
Location: Montreal (Old Montreal)
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
Why the position matters
The next few years will be very exciting at Silicon Labs, driven in part by the explosive revenue growth and market position of our IoT Business Unit. We partner with the most recognized vendors across the IoT landscape, which includes key customers in the home automation, industrial, retail and commercial sectors. This is a high-visibility role in which you will provide dedicated, proactive, support to a small number of Tier 1 strategic customers on embedded software design across a broad range of Silicon Labs’ wireless product offerings. Customer communication, over phone, e-mail, video and sometimes face-to-face, is an integral part of the role. Job scope include evaluating internal and external software designs, architecture, and code, as well as testing, performing laboratory measurements, and writing technical documents.
- Providing technical product support to high-touch, high revenue customers worldwide, including code reviews, architecting, and analysis & reproduction of complex networking software issues
- Validating device design, firmware and software architecture for internal and customer use
- Coordinating internal communications between Applications Engineers, Software Engineers, Business Development personnel, and Product Managers to achieve solutions and results for customers.
- Serving as a coordinating point of contact for customer-related communications with the sales organization, field applications engineers, end customers, and system integrators.
- Providing feedback to R&D, Business Unit and Product Management personnel on customer needs and priorities and well as advanced, customer-specific use cases.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong software programming skills (C language preferred)
- Understanding of basic networking concepts (wired or wireless protocols, OSI model, etc.)
- Ability to write high quality technical documents
- Proactive, independent work style; able to operate autonomously with minimal day-to-day guidance
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to form working relationships with many types of internal and external roles and serve as liaison between them
- Sense of diplomacy and tact for handling difficult, “political” conversations
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
Other skills considered a plus:
- Experience working with embedded wireless technologies/networks (Zigbee or IEEE 802.15.4 strongly preferred)
- Experience with Linux and embedded OS environments such as Raspbian, AndroidOS, FreeRTOS, or MicriumOS/µCOS
- Experience in reading PCB schematics
- Experience in working in a cross-functional team
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineer, or equivalent, and at least 5 years of experience in embedded design, software development in wireless industry or from a similar (field) applications engineer role.
*This position may require up to 20% travel both domestic and international*
Benefits & Perks at Silicon Labs
- Flexible hours
- Highly competitive salary
- Employee profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Equity Rewards (RSUs)
- Insurance plans
- Paid volunteer days
- Free coffee & snacks
- Lunch and learn
- Monthly company updates with our CEO
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.