Software QA Engineer
We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives. silabs.com
The Budapest SDET Team
The wireless SDET Team at Silicon Labs Budapest develop testing and validation framework for the Silicon Labs Bluetooth solutions. We develop embedded test applications for various Bluetooth features and working on integrate those into an embedded test automation framework. We are experts of Bluetooth Low Energy and new Bluetooth Mesh standards with deep protocol level knowledge.
Being an Embedded Test Engineer
In this role you will get to work with cutting edge Silicon Labs Wireless products while ensuring that our products meets the requirement of the Bluetooth standards. Our Budapest SDET Team is responsible for validating our embedded products with the help of the home-grown automated test framework.
Learn more about our Bluetooth here: https://www.silabs.com/products/wireless
Challenges you will solve:
- Design and execute functional, negative, performance, and stress tests for Silicon Lab’s embedded wireless and MCU products.
- Work closely with the development team(s) to debug problems found during the test cycle.
- Develop automation tests so they can be run regularly as part of the continuous integration infrastructure.
- Assist in resolving customer issues by working closely with the customer support team to answer and reproduce customer-related issues.
- Emulates customer environments by working closely with the sales team and field application engineers in supporting customer’s needs and debug customer’s problems.
- Build, manage, and maintain a distributed test network.
- Simplification and automation of product deployments and platform changes
- Productivity increase of the team through identifying opportunities to automate and script daily tasks and eliminate waste in existing processes.
- You will get familiar with and automate test wireless IoT protocols such as Bluetooth, BT-Mesh, Wi-SUN, etc.
- Implement custom embedded test applications to support test automation.
- Debugging and root cause analysis.
- Monitor test results in continuous integration systems.
- Participate in the planning process and provide high-level estimates.
- Create test plans based on requirements and execute test plan reviews.
- Implement automated test scripts.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience as a test engineer in an embedded environment.
- Knowledge of embedded C programming and a high-level programming language.
- Experience in testing in an embedded environment.
- Communicate well and work well in a cross-functional team.
We consider the following experience as a plus:
- Data communications and networking.
- Experience with GIT and JIRA
- Experience with continuous integration.
- Team leading and-or coordinating experience.
- IoT Domain knowledge.
- Python scripting knowledge
- ISTQB certificate.
Technologies you might meet with:
- Embedded C, RTOS, IAR, GCC, RF communication, Network Analyzer, Python, Java, Jenkins, Docker, Windows, Linux, GIT
Budapest Perks & Benefits
You would be working from our office in Budapest, in Graphisoft Park, next to the riverbank of the Danube. We also offer:
- annual Budapest travel card or parking in the office garage
- great cafeteria system
- opportunity to join Employment Stock Purchase Plan
- private health care access
- life and accident insurance for every employee
- contribution to a voluntary private pension fund
- possibility to meet with the executive team regularly
- supportive and multicultural office with enthusiastic, hard-working colleagues
- we prioritize the time for social activities, competitions, after work dinners and so much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.