Staff Engineer - DevOps & Cloud
About Silicon Labs:
We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives.
Silicon Labs is building a Software Center of Excellence in Hyderabad, India. To support this initiative, Silicon Labs is looking for a motivated individual to help define, build, and support the infrastructure, tools, and processes needed to empower the organization to operate at scale. As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will be front and center in implementing Silicon Labs cloud services and infrastructure. This includes onboarding and migration of existing processes, cloud application deployment, management, and monitoring. Close collaboration with SW / IT teams along with the ability to learn and teach new and existing technologies is key to success in the role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build productive internal/external working relationships.
- Share expertise widely and generously.
- Create and maintain effective documentation and written communications.
- Increase productivity of the team through identifying opportunities to automate and eliminate waste in new and existing processes.
- Improve software developer experience and productivity by eliminating friction and automating testing and deployments.
- Design, develop and deploy CI/CD pipelines across software and infrastructure deployments.
- Design, develop and deploy analytics and telemetry solutions.
- Give presentations at conferences and technical gatherings.
- Eliminate waste and reduce cost of our cloud computing infrastructure.
Skills You’ll Need
- A technology related bachelor's degree or equivalent in training, plus 5 or more years in software development, DevOps, or a related field.
- Experience with cloud platforms.
- AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure as code and task automation technologies.
- Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language.
- Java, C#, C, Python, JS, Groovy, etc.
- Proficiency in system administration and scripting.
- Linux and Windows and MacOS system administration.
- *Nix shell and PowerShell scripting.
- Proficiency with container technologies and orchestration technologies.
- Kubernetes, ECS, Docker, Podman, etc.
- Strong knowledge of source control systems and source management processes.
The following qualifications will be considered a plus:
- Database administration and SQL proficiency.
- Network Administration and troubleshooting.
- Embedded programming and low-level programming.
Benefits & Perks
Not only will you be joining a highly skilled and tight-knit team where every engineer makes a significant impact on the product; we also strive for good work/life balance and to make our environment welcoming and fun.
- Equity Rewards (RSUs)
- Insurance plans
- PF and NPS
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.