Senior Software Engineer - Z-Wave
Are you a real gadget geek, looking for the chance to work on cutting edge IoT technologies?
This is the chance to be at the absolute forefront of IoT!
Who we are?
We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives. silabs.com
As our new senior application engineer, you get:
- A job in a dynamic and highly innovative technology company in a rapidly growing global market
- The chance to join a group of highly professional and dedicated colleagues who share your passion
- Exposure to a broad set of technologies, platforms, and tools
- The satisfaction of seeing your work in action
What you will do:
In this role you will be working with our cutting-edge 32-bit Wireless MCU products running Z-Wave applications for a smarter home or city.
You will have a direct impact on the success of our Z-Wave platform by helping our customers as they design and build connected systems.
Here is what your daily role will look like:
- Actively work with sales, field marketing, other support teams or directly with customers to answer technical questions related to their product design, through the Silicon Labs support portal
- Help customers accelerate their product design and reduce the time to market of their new product designs.
- Write technical collateral, including knowledge base articles, quick start guides and code examples, to be used by our customers and other internal teams supporting customers
- Collaborate with IC Design, Software Engineering and Marketing teams on product evaluations and new product definition
- Assist in improving the over all development experience when using Silabs products and tools
- Improve the utility and ease of use for the technical collateral on our public website
- Create and deliver training material for Silicon Labs global sales, field engineers and distributors
- Mentoring newcomers and juniors
Mastery needed for success in this role:
- BSc or MSc degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering/Computer Science
- 3-5 years industrial experience
- Strong C programming skills in embedded systems
- Experience with embedded or real-time operating systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience with and a positive attitude towards providing technical support to customers over email/written formats in English
- Ability to work as a self-starter in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Ability to learn new technologies to build and grow skills across MCU and Wireless technologies
- Proficiency with MS Office tools or equivalent
- Experience with wireless communication protocols (Bluetooth LE/Mesh, Zigbee, IEEE 802.15.4, Wi-Fi, Z-Wave)
Budapest Perks and Benefits:
Joining Z-Wave in Budapest, you will experience a supportive and multicultural global product organization, where you will get many different perspectives and cooperate with enthusiastic, hard-working colleagues.
You would be working from our office in Budapest, in Graphisoft Park, next to the riverbank of the Danube. We also offer:
- annual Budapest travel card or parking in the office garage
- great cafeteria system
- opportunity to join Employment Stock Purchase Plan
- private health care access
- life and accident insurance for every employee
- mobile phone
- contribution to a voluntary private pension fund
- possibility to meet with the executive team regularly
- supportive and multicultural office with enthusiastic, hard-working colleagues
- we prioritize the time for social activities, competitions, after work dinners and so much more!
Intrigued? Apply today to learn more about our success story!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status