Regional Product Marketing Manager
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world through professional and university channels and then solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including Internet of Things, internet infrastructure, industrial automation, consumer and automotive. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company.
The primary objective for the Regional Product Marketing Manager is to support sales and marketing functions to grow sales for IoT business unit’s products through design in activity. The Regional Product Marketing Manager will focus on revenue growth with clear objectives to: win new designs, penetrate customer base, train partners in field, all in collaboration with the regional sales team and other BU resources.
What you'll be doing:
This position requires proficiency in both marketing and sales disciplines besides a strong technical background. In addition to being technically competent in the areas of MCU and Wireless, the successful candidate must be proactive, self-motivated and competent at presenting. This is a field based position and as such the successful candidate must be willing to travel regularly within the region (typically 2-3 days a week on average).
- Support sales, FAEs and customers to achieve Design Win targets
- Identify new customers and new applications and develop in cooperation with sales.
- Be the first-line contact for BU pricing responsibility
- Drive the mass marketing goal through interaction with channel partners
- Develop enticing post-launch collateral for IoT products
- Align with sales team for the execution based on the messaging from BU management
- For the region, represent the voice of the customers and the voice of the market
- Collaborate with BU teams for prioritizing support requirement, maximizing the return on resources and scaling the support for mass market.
- Facilitate the product pre-launch program between sales and BU teams
- Primary channel for regional inputs to roadmap and new projects
- Facilitate and enable advertising decisions with corporate mar-comm
- Primary contact in region for tech show / conference drivers with cross BU support
- Develop and deliver Seminars and hands-on workshops to the channel partners and key customers
- Regional forecasting of IoT BU business
What is required for this role:
- Master’s Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering + 5 years of industry experience in a customer facing role such as technical sales, FAE, or segment marketing; or,
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering + 7 years of industry in a customer facing role
- Experience with MCU applications, basic peripherals, and high level system design.
- Experience with Wireless applications, basic peripherals, and high level system design.
- Experience interacting with engineers and customers on a technical level to open new opportunities, advance opportunities through the sales funnel, and win designs.
- Experience of reporting on activity and market requirements to management
- Advanced understanding of IC architectures, RF circuits and MCU products.
- Knowledge of RF network, RF tools and their application in order to access detailed customer specific system requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of MCU’s (8-bit and 32-bit), MCU tools and their application in order to access detailed customer specific system requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of industry standard procedures and documentation for RF and MCU products.
- Outstanding customer interaction skills.
- Excellent English communication & presentation skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to travel >40% of the time to meet business customers in the region