Validation Engineer Intern - Summer 2020
About Silicon Labs:
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
Our Validation Engineers, take a deep dive into the next generation of industry leading products in IoT and Infrastructure and Automotive (I&A) all while being mentored and closely guided by the best engineers who have a vested interest in your success. And don’t worry, you’ll still have plenty of opportunities to learn, network, and develop new skills through our social events, development lectures, and volunteer opportunities.
Excited? See what it’s like to be a part of the Silicon Labs Team
What You’ll Do:
As a Silicon Labs Intern, you will solve real-world problems within a small, collaborative team of the industry’s most innovative talent. Projects are specifically tailored to each intern, ensuring a meaningful contribution to both your skillset and Silicon Labs. Here are just a few of the challenges you might get to tackle:
- You will participate in the optimization, test and verification of our wireless transceivers, integrated circuits, or timing solutions. Get hands on and work closely with IC designers and product engineering to develop hardware, software, test plans and systems to validate our integrated circuits.
- Your will establish requirements for tests, designing the test methodologies, coding tests, and present your data.
- Be a part of the small team developing and debugging validation, and evaluations circuits for our next generation of products – yet to be released!
Who You Are
You are an innovator, builder, and tinkerer. You have a curious mind and a drive to succeed. You want to work with a global team of technology enthusiasts and design pioneers. Here’s what you need:
- Completion of 2+ years of study
- Enrollment in BS/MS/PhD Electrical or Computer Engineering degree plan
- Strong knowledge of analog/digital/rf circuits, embedded software, structured software development (algorithms and logic), and measurement techniques
- A combination of the following:
- Scripting Languages
- FPGA programming
- Understanding of Digital Signal Processing
- Experience with Phased Locked Loops (PLL)
What’s in a World-Class Internship?
Apply what you’ve learned in school to build technology that solves some of the planet’s most significant challenges.. You will join a community of fellow interns and alumni who engage and empower your excellence. Take it from our previous interns:
Members of my team would stop by my desk and chat with me, and before meetings started would always talk to me. Even though I wasn't usually working directly with them, they still made an effort to get to know me. Additionally, every single member told me at least once that I could ask them if I had any questions. - 2019 Validation Engineer Intern
I really liked the people and company culture. They made me feel valued and important, despite being just an intern and only 1/1500+ employees. - 2019 Validation Engineer Intern
Curious for more feedback? Check out our Glassdoor (bit.ly/SilabsGlassdoor)
bit.ly/SilabsURà Discover why we attract the best and brightest!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.