Senior Software Engineer - IoT
Are you a real gadget geek, looking for the chance to work on cutting edge IoT technologies?
This is the chance to be at the absolute forefront of IoT!
Who we are?
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios.
Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation.
As our new Senior Software Engineer in the Application Group, you get:
- A job in a dynamic and highly innovative technology company in a rapidly growing global market
- The chance to join a group of highly professional and dedicated colleagues who share your passion
- Exposure to a broad set of technologies, platforms, and tools
- The satisfaction of seeing your work in action
- Influencing the future IoT technology and market
What you will do:
In this role you will be working with our cutting-edge wireless, MCU and software products. You will have a direct impact on the success of those products through your work with enabling and accelerating customers to design and build their connected solutions and end products.
Here is what your daily role will look like:
- Design, development and implementation of firmware/software primarily in C on embedded targets
- Documentation of design specifications and implementation details
- Creating test specifications and procedure to verify and validate implementations
- Keeping in touch with the latest on the ZigBee and Thread specifications
- Willing and ready to discuss and share the experience and knowledge acquired
- Willing to step up and own a project
Mastery needed for success in this role:
- BSc or MSc degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering/Computer Science
- Strong C programming skills on embedded systems
- Experience of working with various microcontrollers e.g., ARM, PIC, AVR, etc.
- Experience of using SPI, UART, I2C and other synchronous and asynchronous communication protocols
- Experience of application debugging and troubleshooting on an embedded target
- Experience with wireless communication protocols (Bluetooth LE/Mesh, Zigbee, IEEE 802.15.4)
- Confident in facing a customer for requirements capture, delivery or ongoing support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability
- Strong documentation skills
The following will make you shine above the rest:
- Experience with Silicon Labs Development Environment and software solutions
- Experience of design and development of wireless meshing or point to point software development
- Experience of C#, JAVA or Python
- Android/iOS application development
- Cloud connected client/server applications
- TCP/IP Stack experience
- RTOS experience
Budapest Perks & Benefits
You would be working from our office in Budapest, in Graphisoft Park, next to the riverbank of the Danube. We also offer:
- annual Budapest travel card or parking in the office garage
- great cafeteria system
- opportunity to join Employment Stock Purchase Plan
- private health care access
- life and accident insurance for every employee
- contribution to a voluntary private pension fund
- possibility to meet with the executive team regularly
- supportive and multicultural office with enthusiastic, hard-working colleagues
- we prioritize the time for social activities, competitions, after work dinners and so much more!
Intrigued? Apply today to learn more about our success story!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.