Product Manager, IoT Software Release Management
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world through professional and university channels and then solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including Internet of Things, internet infrastructure, industrial automation, consumer and automotive. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company.
The Product Manager, IoT Software Release Management is responsible for optimizing software content in IoT software releases across the entire range of IoT software product lines and assets to satisfy the requirements of Silicon Labs’ IoT Business Units. This work involves collaborating with product managers, project managers and R&D across multiple disciplines and product lines, to define, prioritize and plan software features and releases. (S)he will work to standardize software management process across all software assets and integrate new software products into the portfolio. (S)he will also be involved in ongoing development of the software management process and software product metrics as well as measuring and reporting of metrics.
- Gathering, reviewing and validating software marketing requirements from Product Managers and other stakeholders
- Co-operating and liaising with IoT BU’s, R&D and project management and seeking their input
- Ensuring that SW area priorities will follow the overall Silicon Labs IoT priorities
- Measuring success and value of software releases through an evolving set of metrics and KPIs
- Expansion of coverage for software release management across all IoT software product lines and software assets
- Delivery of software release definition to agreed milestones, through delivery of the release
- Bandwidth allocation between BU’s aligned with agreed software priorities
- BU satisfaction score
- Measurement of and improvement of software product metrics
- Inclusion of all Silicon Labs’ IoT software product lines and assets in software management process
Why to apply
- Software release management is at the center of everything happening in software at Silicon Labs and is pivotal to the transition of the company from semiconductor company to software company.
- This is an opportunity for you to shape the software that shapes the IoT, ensuring that innovative new features are properly planned and delivered to exciting customers who are household names and driving adoption of hundreds of millions of smart devices.
- Good software release planning and decision making about release content maximizes the effectiveness of software products and leads to growth and profitability for the company.
- A wireless semiconductor is useless to customers without the embedded software that unlocks a variety of wireless protocols and device configurations, so ensuring that this software is managed correctly and has the most impactful features is an extremely important role.
- You will be joining a small team within an exciting product marketing organization with an opportunity have high impact and shape the future of Silicon Labs software and help to incorporate new and innovative software products into the Silicon Labs process.
- Experience in software product management, requirements engineering or software planning with an emphasis on embedded software, ideally in a large software organisation.
- Capabilities to collaborate with marketing, product management, R&D, and business development teams to achieve outstanding business results.
- Strong communication skills to address multiple internal stakeholders at different levels
- Ability to guide product definition using insights developed by interacting with product managers in strategic marketing and technology roles.
- Experience working with software metrics in a mature software organisation would be an advantage
- Some experience of and skills working with Jira and Confluence would also be an advantage
- Education: BSEE/BSCS (or equivalent), advanced degree is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.