IoT Engineering Summer Internship 2023
We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives. silabs.com
We’re looking for engineers with the talent and passion to change the world with us. If you are interested in becoming part of a fast moving and dynamic company like Silicon Labs, we’d like to hear from you.
We love our interns! You will be solving interesting problems, you will have the opportunity to learn and network, and you will be guided by superstar mentors who have a vested interest in your success. And don’t worry. We still find time for social events and fun things along the way. Come spend your summer with us and discover why we attract the best and brightest.
We can offer interesting summer jobs for students who still have some years remaining of their studies. From day one you will be trusted with significant and exciting tasks, and work on real and important projects in a great work atmosphere.
Our design center is located in Nydalen, Oslo, with around 50 employees from 10 different countries. In total Silicon Labs have close to 1900 employees all over the world.
What You’ll Do
Projects are specifically tailored to each intern, ensuring a meaningful contribution to both your skillset and Silicon Labs. Here are just a few of the challenges you might get to tackle:
- Secure sub-system development and testing
- Security sample application development
- Penetration testing
- Secure sub-system driver development
- Embedded Software Development
- Enabling machine learning in resource constrained IoT devices
- Making software for RISC-V based CPUs
- Developing new software for automating tests or creating new tools
- Taking measurements to characterize
- Checking that our products meets the intended requirements
- Digital design and verification
- Analog design
- In the analog design team we architect, design and verify analog circuits such as OPAMPS, oscillators, ADC’s, DAC’s ++ for our IOT products. Some relevant tasks could be to develop simple designs, work on layouts, run simulations or do measurements in the lab. We will assign a mentor from our experienced design team to guide you through the internship and make sure you feel fully integrated in our team.
We are looking for talents studying in Norway, currently in their third or fourth year of a master degree within computer science, electronics, cybernetics, physics, mathematics or nano technology.
- Enthusiastic and creative
- Good analytical and system troubleshooting skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Team player
A summer job in Silicon Labs will give you:
- Relevant and meaningful educational experience
- Extensive mentorship from top engineers
- Opportunity to connect to our culture and the communities where we live
Summer internships start in mid-June 2023 and we expect you to work for 7-8 weeks. We will continue to closely monitor the Covid-19 situation as the summer approaches. The health and safety of our employees is our priority, and if necessary, we are able to offer a remote and/or flex internship.
For your application, please make sure you submit all of the following documents:
- Cover letter - in English
- CV - in English
- Transcript of records (grades) from High School and University
We prefer to receive the documents in one single scanned file.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.