Java Software Engineer
Location: Graphisoft Park
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
Meet the Wireless SDK Development Team
The Wireless SDK Development team at Silicon Labs Budapest creates the Bluetooth SDK, Bluetooth Mesh SDK and the Flex SDK (for proprietary/custom protocol solutions). We create the Bluetooth and Flex frameworks for sample applications and build tools for our customers such as our Radio configurator or the Bluetooth protocol sniffer which allows our customers to debug and connect their devices. We also create the Simplicity Studio (Silicon Labs IDE) integration of the above-mentioned SDKs.
The Silicon Labs Bluetooth portfolio includes Bluetooth Classic, Smart Ready and Bluetooth Low Energy Modules and SoCs. Our fully certified Bluetooth stacks simplify design effort and accelerate time to market for a wide range of industrial and commercial applications.
Silicon Labs' proprietary wireless devices provide high-performance wireless connectivity and ultra-low power 8-bit and 32-bit microcontroller options. With support for major frequency bands in the 142 to 1050 MHz range and 2.4 GHz these devices can be used to develop many classes of Internet of Things (IoT) systems.
Learn more about our Wireless and RF solutions here: https://www.silabs.com/products/wireless
In this role you will get to work on cutting edge Proprietary and Bluetooth Low Energy products by creating tools that will go directly to our customers. You will be working on a flexible and open team of highly experienced engineers that have a passion for problem-solving. This team is responsible for the firmware and software development, build engineering, and scripting for our Proprietary and Bluetooth Low Energy products.
What You Will Do:
- Design, develop, and test GUI tools in Eclipse / Java (for Silicon Labs Simplicity Studio) for wireless networking protocols
- Participate in development of Proprietary, Bluetooth and Bluetooth Mesh product lines
- Work closely with platform and embedded software teams to fully understand system wide functionality and integration issues
- Work with our Applications Engineers as necessary to understand our customers’ applications and help provide effective solutions to customer requirements
- 3-5 years’ experience in object oriented software development (Java /.NET). Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience with MVC/MVVM design patterns
- One or more scripting languages required (Python or Shell)
- Experience with XML, XSD, YAML, JSON markup objects in Java
- Experience with software engineering processes and the full software development lifecycle including requirements, design, implementation, testing, and documenting in Continuous Integration environment
- Experience with variety of software productivity tools such as Git, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Ability to absorb new ideas in new domains quickly
We consider the following experience as a plus
- Bluetooth, 802.15.4, Zigbee, ZWave
- TCP/IP networking protocols
- Experience in highly constrained, real time, embedded environments
- Experience using both simulations and hardware testing
BSC or MSC in Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering