We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives. silabs.com
Silicon Labs is building a SW Center of Excellence in Hyderabad, India. To support initiative, Silicon Labs DevOps Team is looking for a motivated individual to help define, build, and support the infrastructure, tools, and processes needed to empower the IOT SW Development and SQA teams to operate at scale. Be part of a team that enables shorter development cycles, increased product deployment efficiency, higher quality deployments, in close alignment with business objectives. Advocate and enable automation and monitoring at all steps of product development. This position is an exciting opportunity to be innovative and influence the direction in the creation of an environment that results in an efficient, high-quality user experience. Close collaboration with SW / IT teams along with knowledge of, and ability to learn, new and existing technologies is key to success in the role.
The DevOps Team's Responsibilities
The Devops Team at Silicon Labs which is spread across several different geographical locations, focuses on improving the overall quality of two major products, the Silicon Labs Gecko SDK and Simplicity Studio. The Gecko SDK products contain all the wireless (Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), Bluetooth Mesh, ZigBee, Open Thread, Wi-Sun, Z-Wave, Wi-Fi and proprietary protocols) and 32 bit micro-controller (MCU) software required to build end products for the Internet of Things (IoT) Market. Simplicity Studio is an eclipse based tool that provides all necessary components to build, compile and debug applications using Silicon Labs software and silicon products. Silicon Lab’s DevOps Team works closely with the Software (SW) Development teams to ensure a deep understanding of the product, features and system functionality. Silicon Lab’s DevOps Team utilize both on-perm and cloud-based platforms to create reliable, stable and high-quality products. The Silicon Labs DevOps team is a tight group of software professionals, with a broad understanding of Continuous Integration, cloud computing and best in class automation technologies to provide high-quality products to a diverse customer base. Members of the team will go the extra mile to maximize productivity of the SW Teams. The team is a unifying force working that connects SW Development with SQA along with our customers. Team members have decades of experience in providing high quality embedded SW products to our customers which include the largest names in the industry.
Challenges you will solve:
- Development and support of Continuous Integration (CI) workflows
- Develop, Configure and maintain automated build systems
- Configure and support automated management tools, such as Jenkins
- Develop and deliver scripts to automate key segments of the SW development workflow
- Respond to and resolve emergency build, release, or tool automation issues
- Monitoring / reporting, performance analysis, and optimization of infrastructure, tools, and processes
- Develop and deliver training material and demonstrations as needed
Technologies we use:
- Java, Junit, Python, Jenkins, Docker, Cloud Based Computing, SQL Database, Windows, Linux, Shell, Bash, GIT
- 6+ years of work experience in DevOps
- Extensive experience with source control systems such as Git
- In-depth knowledge of build/release and CI/CD systems
- Experience with creating and supporting Jenkins Jobs with server / client hierarchy
- Excellent Python, bash, and scripting fundamentals
- Experience with other programming languages is beneficial (eg. Java Script, Java, SQL)
- Proficient with build tools such as Ant, Gradle, Tycho and Maven
- Experience with deployment tools such as Nexus and P2 Repositories
- Proficient with developing scripts across Multiple OS systems (Linux, Mac and Windows)
- Ability to build and maintain tools when required
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
We consider the following experience as a plus
- Proficient with Pipelines using Groovy / Jenkins DSL
- Proficient with container technologies (eg. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with setting up monitor and alerting services such as Splunk, Nagios, or other
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux/VM systems with proficiency in administration
- Familiarity with signing SW Packages with certificates
- Experience with mentoring and training newer members of a DevOps team
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science from four-year college or university preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Exciting? We think so!! If you do too, come talk with us!