Software Developer in Test (SDET)
Location: Montreal (Ville-Marie)
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world. We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company.
The IoT SQA Team's Responsibilities:
The IOT Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Team at Silicon Labs which is spread across several different geographical locations, focuses on improving the overall quality of the Silicon Labs Gecko SDK Product. The Gecko SDK products contain all the wireless (Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), Bluetooth Mesh, Zigbee, OpenThread, Wi-Sun, Z-Wave, and proprietary protocols) and 32 bit micro-controller (MCU) software required to build end products for the Internet of Things (IoT) Market. Silicon Lab’s SQA Team works closely with the Software (SW) Development teams to ensure a deep understanding of the product, features and system functionality. Silicon Lab’s SQA Team utilize an internal test framework to automate all tests for repeatability and stability along with providing detailed test reports on each build of the product to provide our customers with quality assurance. The SQA team has decades of experience in providing high quality embedded SW products to our customers which include the largest names in the industry.
Challenges you will solve:
- Design and execute functional, negative, performance, and stress tests for Silicon Lab’s embedded wireless and MCU products.
- Work closely with development team(s) to debug problems found during the test cycle
- Develop automation tests so they can be run regularly as part of a continuous integration infrastructure
- Assist in resolving customer issues by working closely with the customer support team to answer and reproduce customer-related issues
- Emulates customer environments by working closely with the sales team and field application engineers in supporting customer’s needs and debug customer’s problems
- Build, manage, and maintain a distributed test network
- Simplification and automation of product deployments and platform changes
- Productivity increase of the team through identifying opportunities to automate and script daily tasks and eliminate waste in existing processes
- Create test plans based on requirements and execute test plan reviews.
- Investigate test results in continuous integration systems.
- Implement automated test scripts.
- Write custom embedded applications.
- Data communication and networking.
- Experience with continuous integration technique and test automation system.
- Communicate well and work well in a small cross-functional team
- Able to mentor new hires and fresh graduates.
Technologies we use:
- Java, Junit, C, Python, Jenkins, Docker, Cloud Based Computing, SQL Database, Windows, Linux, Shell, Bash, GIT
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science from four-year college or university preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Flexible work week
- Highly competitive salary
- Employee profit sharing
- RRSP contribution match
- Equity Rewards (stock units)
- Insurance plans
- Paid volunteer days
- Free coffee & snacks
- Lunch and learn
- Monthly company updates with our CEO
Exciting? We think so!! If you do too, come talk with us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.