Staff Software Engineer
We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal longterm partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives.
Silicon Labs is building a Software Center of Excellence in Hyderabad, India. To support this initiative, we are looking for an experienced Staff Software Engineering to join a development team focused on cloud and web development. The team charter for this software team is to:
- Collaborate, share and bring better velocity to the entire company
- Produce full stack applications to enable and enhance internal processes, security, and external customer facing solutions
- Use cloud based technology and modern software development to be flexible and responsive to evolving business needs
You will be responsible for designing, documenting and developing cloud and web based software. You will interact with members of the product and corporate marketing teams, applications engineers, stack/embedded software engineers and program management to understand requirements. In addition, to being an excellent communicator
with a solid technical background, the ideal candidate should have extensive experience developing front and back end applications, CI/CD processes, and and understanding of software architecture. We are looking for creative, flexible, pragmatic, and skilled individuals with superb communications skills and a love of problem solving in a fast-paced team environment.
The development team you will be joining shall be a tight group of software engineering professionals with a broad understanding of cloud and web application architecture, front and back end technologies, database design and how to scale these solutions. We develop and support applications that are used both internally by members across the engineering organization and our end customers building products. This will be a global team where we will work together to streamline our development practices and process. This will include collaborative architecture and code reviews across teams to ensure quality and maintainability.
Challenges you will solve
- Design, develop and maintain software in a fast-paced environment
- Develop tools uses by hundreds of internal engineers, and thousands of customers
- Debugging software bugs and issues in a production based system
- Developing in a scalable way to support global demand for web delivered content
- Solving problems with a focus on reusability and cross-collaboration with other teams
- Nest.js, Vue.js, Prisma
- Jenkins, Sonarqube, Terraform, Docker
- Communicate well and work well in a small cross-functional team
- 5+ years of work experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience scaling web and cloud based software systems
- Strong debugging skills
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience with cloud-based computing and compute resource management
- Knowledge of version control systems, git
- Proficient in resource management tools, Jira
- Possess a strong sense of responsibility and an ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Experience with embedded software development or testing
- Knowledge in programming languages or technologies outside of list above
- Data communications and networking.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering from four year college or university preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.