We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
What does the IoT Applications Engineering team do? Silicon Labs applications engineers provide engineering technical collateral like documentation, code examples, and customer technical support for our IoT products, including multi-protocol wireless SoC’s, 32-bit ARM Cortex-based MCU’s, 8-bit 8051 MCU’s, and Sensors. Silicon Labs Wireless portfolio includes many different transceivers and wireless MCUs for applications like Bluetooth, Zigbee, IEEE 802.15.4 mesh networking, and proprietary wireless radios. Our devices simplify design effort, reduce BOM cost and accelerate time to market for a wide range of industrial and communications applications.
What You Will Do:
• Actively work with customers to answer technical questions on their design activities primarily via the Silicon Labs support portal and community website • Work closely with the sales team and field application engineers to answer customers’ technical questions and assist them with debugging problems
• Collaborate with local and world-wide development team(s) to debug problems
• Write technical collateral, including knowledge base articles, quick start guides and code examples
• Improve the utility and ease of use for the technical collateral on our public website
• Collaborate with IC design, software engineering and marketing teams on product evaluations and new product definition
• May deliver training material for Silicon Labs global sales, field engineers and customers
What Skills You Need:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering/Computer Science with 2 or more years of work experience in an applicable industry and role
• Strong knowledge of electrical or computer engineering fundamentals and methodologies
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
• Strong embedded programming proficiency in C
• Experience with use of electronics laboratory equipment and measurement techniques
• Ability to troubleshoot and debug electronic systems, circuits, and devices
• Proficiency with developing firmware for 32-bit ARM Cortex MCU’s and/or wireless communication protocols a plus
• Experience with wireless communications such as BLE, 802.15.4 mesh networking, or sub-GHz proprietary radio communications a plus
Seem like a good fit for you? Apply now!