Lead Engineer- Layout Design Engineer
About Silicon Labs:
We are a leader in secure, intelligent wireless technology for a more connected world. Our integrated hardware and software platform, intuitive development tools, unmatched ecosystem and robust support make us the ideal long-term partner in building advanced industrial, commercial, home and life applications. We make it easy for developers to solve complex wireless challenges throughout the product lifecycle and get to market quickly with innovative solutions that transform industries, grow economies and improve lives.
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- You are an expert in the world of custom analog layout. Puzzles, puzzles, puzzles. You have a passion for solving hundreds of puzzles per day. You understand what we mean when we describe layout as “tetris on steroids.” You have a strong grasp of layout dependent effects: LOD/STI, WPE, PSE, OSE. You are a mentor and teacher at heart. You have an uncanny ability to explain the technically complicated in a simple analogy. A picture is worth a thousand words!
- You live for successful problem solving. Your observation skills, acute analytical abilities and attention to detail help you properly assess, pinpoint and define the problem. As you explore potential solutions, you are persistent and innovative. Your creative thinking facilitates approaches others have overlooked. Your solution is a balance of teamwork and leadership.
- You have excellent soft skills. You have a thirst for knowledge, a hunger to learn and the ability to learn, in an everchanging industry. You are self-motivated and proactive. You are highly organized. Your time management skills are effective and balanced. Your team mentality allows your collaboration to be adaptable, working within your team as well as interdepartmental teams. Your communication, cooperation and dependability are second to none.
- Work closely with engineering to provide high quality layout in a timely manner
- Proficient in block level, macro level and top level; floor planning, assembly and verification
- Experience in leading a project layout team a plus
- Experience working in multiple processes
- Communicate regular status updates
Education and Experience
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- 7-10 years of layout experience
- Strong understanding of basic electrical properties and principals
- Strong familiarity with Cadence Virtuoso, Layout XL, Calibre and Unix
- Advanced knowledge of layout dependent effects wrt device and process matching techniques
- Execution in Top Level assembly of Layout
- Strong knowledge of Latchup prevention and ESD protection schemes a plus
- Strong familiarity with P&R methods a plus
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Outstanding communication and verbal presentation skills.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications.
Benefits & Perks
Not only will you be joining a highly skilled and tight-knit team where every engineer makes a significant impact on the product; we also strive for good work/life balance and to make our environment welcoming and fun.
- Equity Rewards (RSUs)
- Insurance plans
- PF and NPS
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.