We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
Silicon Labs Norway seeks a Hardware Engineer for the Hardware Tools team. You will be joining a highly capable team of hardware and software engineers, responsible for designing world-class development tools for Silicon Labs’ portfolio of current and future microcontrollers, wireless devices, and sensor devices. We are seeking a hardware designer to strengthen our team.
- Electronic board design, including schematics and layout
- Prototyping and design validation
Education and Experience:
MS in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent education) with up to 2 years of professional experience in electronics design. This is an entry level position and new college graduates are welcome to apply.
- Hardware designer with knowledge of all phases of electronic circuit design, including manufacturing and production testing.
- Good understanding of embedded systems, with the desire to understand the interaction between hardware, firmware and software in an embedded system.
- Experience with schematic capture tools.
- Cadence OrCAD Capture and/or Altium Designer is an advantage.
- Experience/knowledge in low-power design techniques.
- Knowledge of microcontrollers, wireless microcontrollers and FPGAs.
- Knowledge of programming languages like C, Python.
- Enthusiastic, creative and innovative.
- Excellent analytical and system troubleshooting skills.
- Methodical, thorough and dedicated to quality.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Team player.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.